Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Glen Allen, Virginia
This is a REMOTE opportunity for a Sr. Iteration Manager, allowing you to work from home from anywhere in the US.
This position is responsible for small to medium sized cross-functional project teams consisting of individuals from various IT departments and business units. Develops and maintains project charters, detailed project plans, weekly status updates and provides problem resolution. Manage schedules and assignments of project members within a matrix structure. Allocates work and resources in a manner which best achieves project objectives, a focus on detail while minimizing impact on existing applications and business. Controls project documentation quality, ensuring project meets all requirements and standards. Ensures that all project activities are coordinated and supportive of the project scope, time and budget. Must be familiar with the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Communicates with appropriate staff/leadership regarding status of specific projects.
- serve as the senior member of a cross-functional project team consisting of individuals from various IT departments and business units.
- effectively deal with evolving and competing objectives and possess a mastery of project management tools.
- plan, prioritize, manage a medium to large project or team and exceed client expectations (scope, schedule, costs, risks)
- bring high visibility and transparency into the team’s progress
- develops communication management plans, performs stakeholders analysis, identifies risks and take necessary actions including escalation
- demonstrate knowledge of information systems
- influence team members, peers and stakeholders to meet the objectives of the project
- manage and resolve conflicts within the team
- analyze operational impact of customer requests, forecasting costs, equipment and resource requirements.
- manage all phases of risks management, including risk planning, identification, responses and remediation
- performs contingency planning
- Lead, facilitate and possess interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a cross-functional team dynamic
- demonstrate proven experience in running projects using lean/agile methods such as Scrum, Kanban etc.
- demonstrate servant leader qualities for leading the team
- empower the team to be self-organizing
- empower the team and stakeholders to make decisions
- measure and report progress frequently using agile metrics
- demonstrate knowledge in Agile Requirements Gathering methods, Story identification, breakdown and estimation techniques
- conduct coordinating practices in Agile methods such as Release Planning, Iteration Planning, Grooming, Daily Standup etc.
- play a key role in coaching and assisting Product Owners in prioritization, 3-Amigo Reviews and other PO activities.
- develop and maintain project charters, detailed project plans, weekly status updates and provides problem resolution
- creates and maintains WBS, RACI, Stakeholder Register and detailed Project Management plan
- manages dependencies across projects
- performs Root Cause Analysis
General Job Information
TitleSr. Project Manager / Sr. Iteration Manager - REMOTE
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/6/2019
Date Requisition Created5/24/2019
Work ExperienceIT, Project/Program Management
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCSM - Certified Scrum Master - Enterprise, PMP - Project Management Professional - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
2 years of project management experience including a strong working knowledge of agile project management practices.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.