Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPETENCIES:
The Coordinator of Corporate and Foundation Relations is charged with the pursuit of agency funding through the research, solicitation, and management of foundation, corporate, and government grants. The Coordinator of Corporate and Foundation Relations will manage the annual direct mail appeal to individual donors and perform agency writing including newsletters and annual reports. The Coordinator of Corporate and Foundation Relations will manage the following functions:
POSITION SPECIFIC CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Gain a complete understanding of the programs for which he or she is requesting funding. Interview key people in the organization, and perform comprehensive research into the project.
2. Perform in-depth research into grant-making organizations including foundations, corporations, and government.
3. Write grant applications that display meticulous grammar and spelling, strictly adhering to guidelines.
4. After submitting a grant proposal, keep in contact with each grant-making organization to check on the progress.
5. Submit progress reports to any grant-making organization that has funded a program in a timely fashion.
1. Research and create appeals to renew and build corporate donors through the Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program
2. Research, identify and solicit additional corporate donations, including sponsorship, naming opportunities, paid volunteer time, and other corporate gifts
1. Collect stories and write articles for agency materials including but not limited to external, internal and e-newsletters, annual report, social media, etc.
Other Development Activities
1. As part of a cohesive development team, will be asked to assist with department events and activities.
Position Type: Will consider full-time or part-time
How to Apply:
Candidates must apply via our careers page at https://www.gladerun.org/about-us/careers. This is the first step in our application process.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Who We Are: Founded in 1854 by the Rev. Dr. William Passavant in Zelienople, Pennsylvania, Glade Run has evolved over the years to meet the changing and increasingly challenging needs of children, adults and families throughout Western Pennsylvania and beyond. With a focus on education, mental health, autism, and unique therapeutic offerings, Glade Run has a long tradition of linking faith and service. Last year, Glade Run served over 4,000 individuals with impactful, innovative services in school, home, and community settings.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Minimum of bachelor degree from accredited university or college in English, Communications, or related studies.
2. Minimum of two years of experience in a nonprofit setting.
3. Demonstrated success in the research, solicitation, and procurement of foundation, corporate, and government grants.
4. Exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
5. Flexibility and the ability to multitask.
6. Detail oriented, organized, and able to meet strict deadlines.
7. Willingness to participate in a full range of development activities.
8. Ability to identify with the agency mission statement and support the agency’s
9. Must be eligible for PA State Police clearance, PA Child Abuse History clearance and FBI clearance
• Proven understanding of and prior success working with local, regional, corporate and government funders to secure gifts and grants.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite experience; DonorPro experience a plus.
• Familiarity with funding-related online tools and search engines.