Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Valley, Nebraska
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
You will leverage your expertise in the engineer and design of thermal enclosures to drive Valmont's growth within the small cell wireless space. By working with an industry leader and incorporating cutting edge design, you will accelerate the impact of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies on the growth of Smart Cities. You will leverage your research and experience coupled with industry trends to drive the strategic analysis and design of products to be quoted and fabricated by Valmont. This position will have full design responsibility for processing specific orders (including those projects requiring PE stamping) and major developmental projects, general design engineering support for drafting and sales, and providing leadership, guidance and training for Associate Engineers, Drafting and Project Engineers.
· This position reports into the VP Product and Market Development and has no direct or indirect reports
· This role requires up to 20% travel, including overnight stays
· Provide thermal design and analysis for active electronic enclosures
· Use 3D CAD design software to generate new product concepts and marketing materials
· Work with the customer through the sales process to create customized solutions and work with the production team to improve manufacturability and flexibility of new designs
· Analyze and design products taking into consideration safety, manufacturability, and minimum cost (balancing competitiveness and profitability)
· Interpret customer specifications, customer needs, and market/sales needs. Anticipate the future direction of these needs based on industry trends
· Create installation package deliverables for each site, including detailed installation instructions, cable running lists, rack elevation drawings, bill of material etc.
· Interpret customers' needs to determine placement of new equipment, parts required for installation, cables type and connections, power equipment needs, cooling requirements for the creation and development of new pole and cabinet enclosures
· Provide completed installation packages to Project Managers and installation teams
· Communicate engineering data to the customer and other stakeholders. The latter includes itemizing cost-related requirements of a quotation, including specifications, reviewing engineering drawings and evaluating as-built product.
· Liaise with the efforts of the Drafting Group to ensure that project requirements have been properly detailed and that order processing proceeds smoothly and rapidly
· Recommend changes in design criteria, analysis methods, drafting procedures and developing new methods and procedures when appropriate
· Recommend tests to confirm theoretical designs when necessary and plan and coordinate the testing
· Frequently communicate information about new ideas, product and system improvements to encourage innovation and foster growth
· Provide P.E. stamp to designs and drawings as appropriate
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate:
· Preferred Bachelors with 7+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 9+ years relevant experience or 11+ years of relevant experience
· A high level of technical competence in engineering
· Progressive developmental experience in a professional position
· A good working knowledge of computer-aided design
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Master's Degree
· Registered Professional Engineer
· Prior experience working with wireless infrastructure and concealment systems/enclosures
· Proficiency in thermal FEA analysis software (i.e. ANSYS)
· Experience with the design and development of metal cabinets, aluminum boxes or other similar electrical cabinet enclosures
· Past experience with thermal flow, fluid analysis and technologies used for cooling electrical enclosures
· Prior experience with IoT and Smart Cities is a plus
· Past manufacturing experience is desired
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.