Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Position Summary: This is the second level of the Engineering classification. Provide engineering/technical expertise to solve more complex problems in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence.
**LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED
Under some direct supervision, in the area of expertise will provide:
• Engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
• Effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
• Thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
• Continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Accurate records and files
• Support of the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally
*Graduate of a 4yr. University Engineering ABET Accredited program
• 2 to 4 years experience as a practicing engineer-
• Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
• Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
Competencies: • Self-Motivated
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
• Received a passing grade on the Engineering Fundamentals Exam.
• Understanding of basic principles of project management
• Experience in the utility industry.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pike Engineering, LLC EEO/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled