Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Valley, Nebraska
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This Individual Contributor position is accountable for the division's manufacturing Engineering functions involving capital and expense project management to include identification, analysis, justification and installation; manufacturing problem solving related to cost reductions, capacity, planning, safety, quality or manufacturability; and new product support including marketing and product engineering inquires related to cost, processes or manufacturability.
· This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineer Manager and has no direct or indirect reports
· This role requires up to 25% travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
· Assist in training and developing personnel to attain a high level of performance through individual and group performance
· Provide manufacturing engineering expertise to assist in the resolution of product problems (i.e. safety hazards, machine breakdowns, capacity constraints, quality, material handling, and processes)
· Assist in the development of short and long term capital budget plans
· Focus on operating costs, labor, material and variable to aid in the identifying cost reduction opportunities
· Specify new tooling, equipment and methods or modifications to old, to improve cost, safety, quality, equipment and cycle times
· Present funding requests in written forms to upper management. These requests may be presented to the Divisional President and staff, CFO, CEO or Board of Directors.
· Utilize CAD for equipment, tooling and layouts
· Participate in special projects relating to product development or extension. Prepare cost estimates as required. Work closely with manufacturing, tool and die, and vendors in those projects requiring their involvement.
· Know the Valmont Safety Mission Statement & support the department Safety by Objective plan in departments by assisting implementation of identified safety projects requiring engineering support
Other Important Details about the Role:
This position requires proven abilities in the manufacturing engineering profession with emphasis on project management, methods improvement, economic cost study analysis, plant layouts, tooling design, manufacturing and planning processes. Excellent verbal and written skills are required due to frequent communication with vendors and presentation of projects and ideas to upper management and production personnel.
The incumbent will be required to work under minimum supervision to independently evaluate, select and apply solutions to a variety of manufacturing related problems. The incumbent must be capable of functioning as project manager, initiating and following up on projects from conception to culmination, providing necessary justification, documentation and action to insure that the performance, cost and scheduled goals are realized. The incumbent must be capable of acting as team leader on all or most projects in order to gain the benefits associated with employee involvement and shop floor commitment.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years preferred relevant experience
· Proven history of problem solving in an environment involving welding, gas cutting, plasma cutting, press working, machining, and ERW tube manufacturing, planning
· Experience working as a project manager and/or team leader
· The ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Aptitude of making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
· Expert attention to detail
· Solid 3D CAD skills including design applications
· Thorough understanding of fabrication and welding procedures, processes including QA requirements and methods
· Advanced skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and Access
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Must be able to travel, up to 25% amount of time
· Acceptable prior performance and attendance record
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Thorough understanding of fabrication and welding procedures, processes including QA requirements and methods used at Valmont
· Manufacturing, Mechanical, Structural, or Civil Engineering degree
· PE Certification
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. There may be limited exposure to a manufacturing environment or outside weather conditions. When visiting a manufacturing area, the incumbent will be required to wear all mandatory personal protective equipment. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Domestic travel, including overnights, may be required up to 25%. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.