Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Northbrook, Illinois
Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Human Resource Function. This role is an individual contributor role within the organization.
* Develops and administers various human resources plan and procedures for all company personnel.
* Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
* Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
* Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
* Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
* Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
* Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
* A Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of human resources experience
* Experience in a corporate manufacturing environment preferred.
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.