Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Evansville, Indiana
R&D Senior Process Engineer-IFCN
North America (NA) Innovation Process Engineering is the R&D function responsible for developing the manufacturing process and scale-up of new formulations launching in the North America marketplace. The North America team is based in Evansville, IN, and works closely with Innovation Product Development, Supply Technical, supply, procurement, and commercial teams to identify and deliver projects that drive revenue growth and create new and innovative products that Nourish the World's Children for the Best Start in Life.
The role of a Process Engineer in NA Innovation Process Engineering is to implement functional specific work associated with infant and child nutrition innovation projects and portfolios, leading the delivery of projects and solving technical problems. The Process Engineer is responsible for leading and executing work on specific projects and delivering against team key performance indicators. The job is dynamic and complex, and the challenges you will face will give you the possibility to learn and develop.
Scope/Dimensions of Role
• Process Engineering deliverables for Innovation projects in the IFCN product portfolio with an emphasis on speed-to-market and exceptional quality.
• To work with partners (product development, supply, regulatory, nutritional science, PMO, Supply technical, R&D Operations) to deliver projects/solutions across the infant and child nutrition portfolio
• Serves as R&D Process Engineering representative or Team Leader for projects with functional or cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives of innovation projects.
• Develop and deliver influencing and strategic technical communication to key stakeholders, management, and team members with compelling technical recommendations and the business case for implementation.
• Responsible for simulating, developing, and optimizing processes to fully leverage varying manufacturing capabilities at domestic and international sites.
• Plan, execute, and evaluate experiments from bench-top through commercialization, including scale-up and qualification, of existing and new manufacturing processes across all IFCN product categories.
• Applies sufficient understanding of instrumentation, process control, and all unit operations in a technology platform toward development of Functional Requirements governing process design and control.
• Collaborate with other technical disciplines, such as Product Development Scientists, Package Engineers, Plant Engineer, and Project Engineers to solve problems while working across boundaries and applying knowledge gained from colleagues.
• Where applicable, manage Process Engineering Associates to accomplish department objectives and develop the engineering team.
• Applies understanding of HACCP, GMP's, safety and environmental standards, and regional requirements to innovations in equipment and process design to facilitate the seamless transition of global projects to regions.
• Prioritize project tasks based on business value and strategy while setting resource needs for executing against commitments on project timing.
• In capital projects, provide input or leadership for process design, process parameters, and qualification.
• Applies structured problem analysis to provide timely, risk compensated, and data based solutions to product and process issues.
• Leading the delivery multiple projects across a number of brands and technology platforms
• Prioritization of personal workload
• Liaison with colleagues across the R&D and Supply communities to provide technical support.
• Provision of a fast paced scientific service to demanding customers with challenging timelines.
Some travel for execution of projects is expected
• Candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree (Chemical/Ag/Biological/Food Engineer, or related field such as Food/Nutritional Science)
• Candidate must be familiar with Process Engineering, reaction kinetics and modeling, equipment design, thermodynamics, and process optimization.
• Proficiency in Computer software - AutoCAD, Visio, Minitab, Microsoft Office and other useful work tools in the accomplishment of tasks.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience required
• Experience with multiple food/dairy unit operations including spray drying is preferred.
• Strong Technical Leadership skills and experience in process research and development.
• Excellent innovation and analytical skills coupled with commitment to continuously seek feedback and build alignment with key stakeholders.
• A strong history of leading by influence and delivering results with excellence.
• Candidate should have experience in technical writing, Process and Quality Control Documentation, and Technical Presentations.
• Must be able to work in a dynamic environment where a high degree of teamwork and collaboration are required
• Experience in a production and/or GMP setting is required