Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider the Trident Health, committed to building a health community across the greater Charleston area and the Lowcountry. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission.
We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team. Trident Health is a 407-bed HCA hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals - Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center - as well as two free standing emergency departments - Centre Pointe Emergency and Moncks Corner Medical Center. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health as one of the nation's top hospitals for quality and safety for the fourth year in a row. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued?
We'd love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
Click here for our 2018 Year-End Celebration
WE ARE SEARCHING FOR A REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR FOR A FULL TIME EVENING SHIFT (3P-11P) POSITION ON OUR STATE-OF-THE-ART MEDICAL SURGICAL UNITS. The Supervisor RN is responsible to the Nursing Director for the delivery of quality patient care utilizing the nursing process. Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for patient care, communication, and documentation on the unit.
The Medical-Surgical Supervisor is responsible for the coordination and supervision of inpatient care services. Provides leadership for clinical excellence, personnel and resource management, fiscal accountability and maintenance of positive working relationship with all internal and external customers. This includes, but is not limited to, the supervision of: clinical nursing practice, staff recruitment, retention, labor relations, supply chain, staffing, employee performance evaluation, quality improvement, staff education, medical records, internal and external regulatory and survey requirements. All job duties are performed in a manner which demonstrates Trident Health system's mission and values of respect, caring, and professional excellence toward patients, families, physicians, volunteers, and co-workers.
Essential Core Functions:
* Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and department.
* Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families and the community.
* Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
* Current unencumbered South Carolina or Multi-state Compact Registered Nurse License
* Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Certification on hire
* ACLS Certification within 6 months of hire/transfer
* NIH Stroke Scale Certification within 90 days of hire/transfer
* Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Certificaion within 90 days of hire/transfer
* CPI Certification within 90 days of hire
* Graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing
* BSN preferred
* Recent nursing practice experience with Charge nurse or managerial leadership preferred.
* Physically and mentally capable to satisfy job requirements.
* Minimum of 2 years medical surgical nursing experience.
* Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
* Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities
* This is a full time evening shift position (3p-11p)
* Occasional weekend shift required
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.