Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lewisville, Texas
(TX) Records Clerk
K12 is a technology-based education company that offers proprietary curriculum and instructional support services to students in kindergarten through 12th grade. As the leader in K-12 online education for more than a decade, the company uses virtual public and private schooling methods to provide families with alternatives to traditional "brick and mortar" classrooms, giving children access to a high-quality education no matter where they are in the world.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K12 a great place to work.
The Records Clerk is a full-time, year-round position responsible for maintaining files for students in a well-organized, compliant manner. The position also performs related activities including performing data entry into appropriate information databases, processing external records requests, and supporting leadership s efforts to communicate and develop and deliver compliance training to staff.
AS A Records Clerk, YOU WILL ENJOY...
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. * Maintains and manages school records in an organized manner;
* Coordinates with registrars for missing documents;
* Ensures that all students have current information and files are complete as required by state s Department of Education (DOE);
* Processes requests for records from outside School Systems/Agencies within the prescribed time period;
* Assists in regular file reviews to ensure compliancy including verifying the presence of documents;
* Contacts School districts to acquire student records information for identification of at-risk as needed;
* Communicates with parents tactfully and with sensitivity, recognizes and maintains confidentiality in job-related matters;
* Maintains up to date electronic and paper files in preparation for monthly audits of records for Federal Income Forms and at-risk indicators;
* Runs withdrawal reports on a weekly basis and ensures that all systems are updated appropriately and accurately;
IS K12 RIGHT FOR YOU*
* Do you communicate well*
* Can you build customer confidence*
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
* Is your manner honest and straightforward*
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
* Do you value others' opinions*
* High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) Certificate AND
* One (1) year of clerical work experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Demonstrated organizational skills and knowledge of systematic filing procedures
* Ability to function as part of a team of office professionals
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to use web-based database programs to enter and monitor education information
* Ability to perform multiple tasks
* Some proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
* Ability to pass required background check
* Associates degree
* Two (2) years of experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This is an office based position. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
THE ABOVE JOB IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN ALL-INCLUSIVE LIST OF DUTIES AND STANDARDS OF THE POSITION. INCUMBENTS WILL FOLLOW ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS, AND PERFORM ANY OTHER RELATED DUTIES, AS ASSIGNED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR. ALL EMPLOYMENT IS AT-WILL AS GOVERNED BY THE LAW OF THE STATE WHERE THE EMPLOYEE WORKS. IT IS FURTHER UNDERSTOOD THAT THE AT-WILL NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT IS ONE ASPECT OF EMPLOYMENT THAT CANNOT BE CHANGED EXCEPT IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED OFFICER.
WHO ARE WE*
* About us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend