Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Summary / DescriptionWe are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Java Developer (Journeymen) to join our team in Kingstowne, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Design and implement JEE software applications in WebSphere Application Server\Weblogic\JBoss or any other related JEE server
* Use modern software engineering tools including Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), JDeveloper, NetBeans, HP Quality Center and JIRA for design, development, and testing the software
* Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand requirements, then elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations
* Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government’s system lifecycle methodology
* Web services
* Unix/ Linux
* Apache HTTP Server, IBMIHS
* Java Web Containers (Tomcat\Jetty\etc)
* JEE Server experience (Weblogic\Websphere\JBOSS\etc.)
* Experience working with users to define requirements and demonstrate solutions
* Experience designing and delivering complex, highly-scalable software components
* 4+ yrs Java JEE required
* 2-3+ yrs with Weblogic based environment is preferred
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related engineering field and a minimum 5-8 years of technical experience or equivalent blend of education & experience
Desired knowledge and experience includes
* Developing 100% automating unit tests
* Using the Eclipse and Rational Application Developer (RAD) IDEs
* Agile development approach
* Good communication skills (writing and presenting)
* Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek clarifications, and get the job done.
* Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment
* Superior written and oral communication skills are essential
* Must be able to multitask efficiently and progressively and work comfortably in an ever-changing data environment.
* Must work well in a team environment as well as independently.
* Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels.
Familiartiy with below Tech Stacks:
* Security in Web Services
* Clearance – Must pass CBP BI background.
* Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen
* LOCATION: Kingstowne, VA (Alexandria)
About UnisysDo you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.#FED#