Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Applied Research Associates in Santa Barbara, CA is looking for an experienced Project Analyst to join our group. Our growing team needs a talented person that possesses strong deductive reasoning skills, extreme attention to detail, persistence, and creativity. As a Project Analyst you will perform cost analysis, subcontract and consultant contract management, and cost management of all our projects.
* Maintain accurate and up to date cost tracking of all Santa Barbara office contracts and staffing / cost projection spreadsheets.
* Work closely and communicate efficiently with the group leader and Project Managers to ensure all contract cost and staffing issues are known and addressed.
* Assist in creating subcontracts, consulting agreements, contract mods, and purchase orders for projects, using corporate templates and following established company guidelines.
* Assist with creating annual cost and staffing projections and providing quarterly updates for division management.
* Track status of contractor invoices and maintain schedule of anticipated payments.
* Bachelor's Degree
* 2 - 5 years in the Project Analyst field
* Mastery of MS Excel, familiarity with PowerPoint and Word
* Extremely organized & detail oriented with consistent follow-through
* Excellent communication and writing skills
* VBA experience a plus
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1,100 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. Our culture supports our exceptional staff of valued employees and encourages professional growth through continued higher education, participation and publication at technical conferences, and membership in professional organizations. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. As an ARA employee you are encouraged to generate new ideas and bring those ideas to life.
Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company's success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). ARA also offers competitive salaries (DOE) and outstanding benefits including stock ownership, medical and dental coverage, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) profit-sharing plan, and annual bonuses. The motto, "Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit" sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please apply at careers.ara.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.",
Description: Project Analyst Experience