Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portland, Oregon
Job Description *
To repair castings to meet customer specifications by replacing metal in defective areas using various welding techniques.
Objective: to weld castings to customer and PCC specifications.
A. Reviews inspection/rework analyst paperwork and tech cards.
B. Identifies and inspects prepared areas needing repair.
C. Welds areas on castings using one or more techniques: Gas Metal Arc Welder (GMAW), Gas Tungstun Arc Welder (GTAW), Shielded Metal Arc Welder (SMAW) and Plasma Arc Welder (PAW).
D. Welds in compliance with Process Control Procedures and external quality control standards including aerospace standards.
E. Welds repairs by placing castings on benches, fixtures or in bubble cabinets; uses mirrors to complete welds in difficult areas of castings as needed; wears necessary safety equipment.
F. Inspects front and back of completed welds to assure proper technique and adequate metal deposit.
2. Equipment Maintenance.
Objective: to maintain welding equipment in good working order.
A. Repairs torch heads, replaces power cables and performs minor maintenance on welding tools.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
A. Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
B. Safely operates all equipment and tools.
C. Identifies and reports safety problems.
4. Completes logs and records.
5. Performs other tasks as directed.
1. Training is provided on the job.
2. Welding Tech Series courses as directed.
3. Alloy Certification and/or Titanium Certification (TBO) as directed.
4. GMAW, GTAW, SMAW AND PAW Welding Certification as directed.
1. Advanced welding skills as demonstrated by completion of the PCC approved Welding Tech Series and Welding Certification in two applicable alloys or titanium at time of hire,
Two years of applicable welding experience.
An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience, and completion of Certification to PCC Weld Test Standards.
2. 20/30 correctable vision in both eyes, and satisfactory passage of depth perception and color vision tests.
3. Good eye/hand coordination.
4. Ability to read and follow specifications on Tech Cards.
5. Ability to work independently.
6. Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing thirty to fifty pounds and occasionally up to eighty pounds.
7. Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes, awkward physical positions and other elements for extended periods of time.
MAJOR PLANT DIFFERENCES:
1. SSBO - uses GTAW welding only.
2. LSBO - customer specifications require use of WEBTAQ welding technique for GTAW welding.
3. TBO - uses GTAW welding only and requires Titanium Certification only.
Swing Shift and Flex Schedule (Tuesday - Saturday; 10am - 6:30pm)
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.