Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pasadena, California
Provides advice and counsel on tax issues globally in order to minimize Parsons Corporation s worldwide tax burden. Typical responsibilities include:
* Actively participates in worldwide tax planning and strategy, emphasizing value-added advice, planning initiatives, and analysis
* Represents the company on international and domestic tax audits
* Assists in contract planning and research projects
* May analyze the tax impact of business expansion and opportunities
* May draft corporate tax policies and assist in implementation
* May assist with evaluation of financial reporting for tax contingencies
Supports the VP, Taxes in developing the overall tax strategy for Parsons Corporation and its affiliated companies, and ensures that all applicable tax laws offering the opportunity to reduce taxes are appropriately considered.
Review and assist with international tax compliance and international tax Provision.
Administers global transfer pricing policy and compliance.
Proactively identifies tax planning opportunities.
Renders tax advice regarding all of the organization s major contracts, proposals, and invitations to bid.
Advises VP, Taxes of the tax consequences of proposed business expansion, acquisitions, and divestitures.
Reviews and analyzes existing and proposed tax legislation, rulings and regulations, and tax decisions of courts and administrative agencies to determine their effect upon the operations of the company.
Performs research on complex tax issues and documents conclusions in written tax memos.
Provides support and tax advice on special projects as directed by the VP, Taxes.
May serve as an active member of the corporate finance team providing tax support on corporate restructurings and financings.
May partner with the corporate development group in tax planning and due diligence efforts related to acquisition and joint venture opportunities.
May provide leadership in Corporate Tax Department and Corporate Finance projects.
Participates in international and domestic tax audits, including research, advice, and negotiation.
Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate. PREFERRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
J. D. degree and license to practice law. Requires a minimum of 12-15 years experience in both U.S. and international tax functions within a global organization.
* Proven ability to perform in a leadership capacity and demonstrated orientation to profitability.
* Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations (both domestic and foreign), as well as corporate policies and procedures.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
* Ability to effectively present information to top management, outside groups, or the Board of Directors.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.