Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Luis Obispo, California
Employee-owned Kitchell is seeking a Project Superintendent in San Luis Obispo to be responsible for schedules, coordinates and supervises all field employees and subcontractor work crews on the assigned project. This includes compliance with the contract terms and a focus on work quality, schedule and profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Study specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of start and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
* Confer with estimating during the preparation of estimates regarding methods, systems, schedule, time and general conditions.
* Assign and monitor members of project team to various tasks throughout all phases of project.
* Order procurement of services and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to project schedules.
* Confer with and direct supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
* Address employee concerns with management team and CEM human resources to maintain a positive and motivated workforce.
* Maintain quality and safety training and conformance standards throughout all elements of the project.
* Coordinate supervisory, engineering, inspectors and suppliers to resolve any problems with materials or methods.
* Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and Kitchell standards while adhering to construction schedules.
* Review reports on progress, materials and costs, and adjust work schedules as indicated by reports.
* Work with the Project Manager to monitor all field accounting functions for accuracy and compliance with procedures.
* Participate in seminars, work programs, or industry related functions that complement or are pertinent to improvements in areas of field supervision.
* Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with Owner, Architects, Consulting Engineers and other parties related to the project.
* May be responsible for supervision of Project Engineer/Senior Project Engineer; Field Engineer/Senior Field Engineer; Field Office Manager; Project Secretary; General Foreman
* Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or required to complete the project.
Education and Experience
* Minimum 15 years of progressive and position-related work experience in construction.
* LEED Professional Accreditation preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
* Knowledge of advanced construction and engineering related processes, as well as industry practices. Knowledge of the roles and interdependence between the contractor, designer, owner and construction manager.
* Effective computer skills including proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook required, and project management (Prolog) and scheduling database (P6) software preferred.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to foster and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
* Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results, communication and building teamwork.
* Commitment to the values of Kitchell with attention to honesty and integrity, quality of work, customer satisfaction, people development, profitability and managing change.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly work in an office and or construction environment.
* Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions and cramped quarters.
* The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
* Must frequently travel and occasionally relocate.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, talk or hear and use hands to finger, feel and handle; frequently reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Must frequently lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
About Our Company
Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our employee-owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California and Texas. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth with in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. We prefer to grow from within, building careers and financial stability through long-term ownership. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including profit-sharing, discretionary stock options, incentive bonuses, health and life insurance, health savings accounts (HSA) with wellness incentives, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.15Thank you for your interest in KITCHELL. Our records indicate that you have already submitted an application for employment. Should your prior experience match our business needs, you will be contacted by a representative of our company.The goal of the questions that you have just answered is to help determine if this opportunity would be a good match for you and our company. At this time your qualifications do not match any of our positions. Your application will remain active for 30 days. Please do not reapply during this time period, as your application will register in the system as "Already Applied". Thank you for your interest in employment with us.