Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Job Req ID: 4700
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Supermicro is committed to our customers' success through teamwork, attention to detail, and valuing relationships. We have an immediate opening for a Production Operator to join our assembly team responsible for building of Supermicro products that meet product quality requirements and shipment deadlines. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assemble products in production line
• Employ high standards of assembly work to ensure high quality products are being produced on schedule
• Follow standard operating procedures and schedules to meet daily demands
• Perform in-process inspection to ensure products meet specifications and standards
• Maintain organized and safe work environment
• Follow instructions and respond to management direction
• Adhere to company and production department’s policies and procedures
• Perform other assembly line duties, as directed by supervisor
• Perform a full range of tasks and correspondence as needed
• High school or college diploma preferred
• 1-3 years in electronic or computer industry preferred
• Prior experience with computer assembly preferred
• Must be able to read and understand assembly instructions, production orders and all other documentation used to control processes.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
• Strong work ethic
• Strong attention to detail, including accuracy and thoroughness
• Solid communications skills both verbal and written
• Bilingual in Mandarin a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms
• Lift, carry, push and pull in excess of 25 pounds
• Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and balance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Office, lab or warehouse environment setting shared with other staff members.
• Wet humid conditions, extreme heat or cold (weather), outdoor weather conditions.
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.