Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Job Req ID: 2278
Under limited supervision, the Senior Systems Analyst/Developer Manager provides leadership and coordination of project teams by performing systems analyst activities and makes recommendations in areas that require a high level of technical competency. This position is one of several based in the Information Systems department which incumbent is responsible for project organization and execution and will participate in design, vendor evaluation, implementation, and management of multiple projects. This individual provides technical direction and supervision to analyst staff in the development and implementation of systems or in problem solving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Enterprise Systems Architect and application group, as well as 3rd party development consultants
• Requires strong business skills and would be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and occasionally modifying systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support application systems
• Provide leadership and guidance to motivate and lead team members to their optimum performance levels
• Provides application support and enhancements to existing applications
• Defines system requirements, priorities, and viable alternatives
• Coordinates the efforts of staff to locate, assess, install, test, and maintain computer software systems
• Bachelor’s degree in IT related fields (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, etc.)
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a system analysis which includes 2+ years of project management and leadership responsibilities
• Minimum of five years experience in systems analysis and/or programming required with project management or leadership responsibilities
• Expert in Windows OS and applications
• Expert in network setup and maintenance
• Ability to manage and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with Linux is a plus and ITIL preferred
• Must have ability to exercise independent judgment in planning, organizing, and performing systems analyst tasks. Some independent judgment required in setting priorities of tasks among multiple assigned projects
• Ability to communicate, motivate, and organize projects among a broad spectrum of personnel throughout the network, frequently under deadline pressure
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI) is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.