Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
The Quality Engineer provides assistance in improving the quality system and supporting quality programs. In this position, you can make immediate contributions in enhancing the current quality program by providing daily support in Quality Engineering related issues. This position is located in Downers Grove, Illinois a northwest suburb of Chicago.
Utilize data driven problem solving methods to improve key quality metrics such as internal and external PPM, Scrap and Customer Satisfaction.
Ability to collect, compile, and analyze data to determine both root cause and corrective action to prevent recurrence in addition to driving the non-conforming material review system.
Drive non-conforming material system and review processes.
Provide shop floor support in with the creation and updating of inspection plans, performing gauge R&Rs, capability studies, and the use of other Quality Assurance tools.
Assist in the design, development, and implementation of a Quality roadmap for achieving company objectives
Drive a culture of quality at the source whereby all associates assume ownership for the quality of their work, services, and products.
Assist with appropriate quality acceptance criteria for new equipment, process, and product introductions through new product development methodologies for aerospace.
Identify & drive continuous improvement opportunities within the facility and at our suppliers locations.
Assist in the effort to maintain all current AS9100 certifications, as well as NADCAP special process certifications.
Being Resilient Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations. * Drives Results Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
* Values Differences Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
* Cultivates Innovation Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
* Manages Complexity Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIRED
* This position requires the applicant to be a US Person with an US permanent residence. A US Person is a US Citizen or Green card holder.
* Bachelors degree, preferably in Engineering or a technical field, MBA a plus
* 5 years of Quality Experience in the Aerospace or Automotive industry
* 10% travel
* Experience working with quality systems, e.g. AS9100, ISO9001, FAA regulations
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
* Proficient in root cause analysis and formal problem-solving techniques internally and externally (Customers/Suppliers)
* Thorough knowledge of the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools (including SPC, GR&R, DOE, FMEA, Control Plans, Cpk, GD&T, DMAIC, First Article Inspection, Cost of Quality)
* Demonstrated success in the ability to consistently multitask
* Good writing/administrative skills, including computer skills (word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, Minitab, etc.)
* Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
* Proven history of customer satisfaction success both internally & externally
* Solid background in metal manufacturing environment including metal cutting and grinding is desirable
* Solid background in metrology and measurement systems
* Working knowledge of engineering part drawings and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
* Experience working in a lean manufacturing or continuous improvement environment
* Demonstrated career advancement with increasing accountability
* ASQ Certified Quality Engineering (CQE) desired
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Rexnord is a concentrated multiplatform industrial leader with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Every day approximately 7,000 associates across the globe work to deliver smarter solutions to our customers and create long-term value for our shareholders. Simply put, we advance the efficient use of resources by Solving Smarter.
Rexnord Aerospace supplies high performance spherical and cylindrical bearings, mechanical seals, gears and electrical components to commercial air transport markets. Our products are engineered to meet stringent requirements and are specified in engine systems, flight control systems, landing gear systems and airframe structures. Our global customer base includes major engine and airframe OEMs, tier suppliers and aircraft operators.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABILITY/VETERAN