Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Mill, South Carolina
We are currently looking to hire Vice President, Growth Consultant within our Institution Services (IS) Business Consulting Department.
The IS Business Consulting team is responsible for Financial Institution satisfaction, growth and retention. This role will be responsible for managing a territory of LPL Financial Institutions comprised of both bank and credit union relationships with an emphasis on managing, growing and retaining his/her client relationships by using proven sales strategies and tactics with an emphasis on consulting related to the value, benefits and features of LPL s platform. Client interactions on a day-to-day basis include relationship management at the executive level, Program Manager and Financial Consultant level.
By developing a thorough understanding of the financial institution s businesses, the Growth Consultant will be responsible for crafting effective solutions to assist them in meeting their business goals and objectives. Additionally, this role will act as the primary point of contact between his/her institutions and LPL Financial. This role will combine relationship management skills, sales skills, project management skills and business analytics to fully understand and achieve business growth, retention and satisfaction objectives.
* It is imperative that this role develops a full understanding of the institution, their business objectives, and impact on the organization
* Consultative phone conversations, home office and field visits to Financial Advisors, Program Managers and executives at LPL financial institutions clients. The goal of each conversation/visit is to deepen the LPL relationship with the financial institution by providing consultative advice focused on empowering the financial institution to reach its full potential regarding investment and insurance services
* Coordinate LPL s support and operational services to advance financial institutions toward reaching their goals and conducting their business in a manner consistent with firm policies, procedures, and processes.
* Represent IS Business Consulting in several venues and forums throughout the year
* Participate in various committees providing thoughtful insight on the business rationale of their contributions
* Responsible for creating and presenting business sessions during conferences and for the use of other Relationship Managers
* Lead by example in the face of changing priorities
* Create and implement a successful framework for managing potential change.
* Present complex topics for discussion across multiple functions and adeptly speak to multiple sides of issues in order to drive informed decision making
* Engage in high level strategic discussions with both advisors and the executive team
* Partner with internal and external customers on needs assessment
* Integrate and direct people, practices and processes (often across multiple functions and business un
* Articulate LPL and industry best practices to help the institution, Program Manager, Financial Consultant, and staff understand how to improve through actionable activities and execution
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field, MBA preferred
* Minimum of 10 years experience in Financial Services, preferably in a sales or progressive client service/relationship management role
* Series 7 and 63
* Series 24 and/or CFP preferred
* Ability to travel up to 50%
* Extensive knowledge of the client segment, organization, product, industry, and end customer
* Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services
* Ability to effectively analyze situations, applying solutions to achieve resolution
* Ability to identify and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
* Strong oral and written communicator who is able to convey messages, inspire action and drive performance within area of accountability
* Able to translate high level business directives into operational procedures
* Participation on project teams providing the advisor point of view and making judgments and recommendations regarding timing, content, and delivery methodologies
* Budget and expense management of territory
* Experience with Contact Management Systems, specifically Salesforce.com and standard MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point)
ABOUT LPL FINANCIAL:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.