Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: CLACKAMAS, Oregon
This position is responsible for performing Customer Source Inspection of product prior to shipment. This position verifies that all customer requirements and specifications have been satisfied, enabling shipment of the product. This position interfaces with other departments as well as customer representatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Review part processing documentation to ensure product was manufactured in accordance with customer requirements and specifications. Ensure product complies with respective requirements.
2. Review product visually to ensure surface requirements comply with customer requirements.
3. Review and verify dimensional conformance when required by the customer.
4. Detect and report defective parts, improper operation, and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
5. Complete necessary documentation required for Source Inspection enabling shipment of the product.
6. Conduct internal audits on quality system requirements and outgoing product quality.
7. Implement corrective actions as a result of internal audits and / or findings.
8. Manage source inspection schedule and coordinate additional coverage as needed.
9. Maintain SSBO source inspection certification matrix and supporting documentation files.
10. Develop best practices to continually improve the Source Inspection function.
11. Act as liaison between SSBO and marking, certwriting, and shipping personnel.
12. Perform other shipping related duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to become certified to AS 13001 is a requirement of the position.
2. Knowledge of and demonstrated skills in using computer software, including MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of PowerPoint and graphic software helpful.
3. Ability to perform basic dimensional inspection using Calipers, dyers, UT gages, templates and go / no-go gages.
4. Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
5. Ensure all documentation in the course of the job function is thorough and accurate.
6. Knowledge of basic auditing, root cause and corrective action principles.
7. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
8. Must possess good interpersonal skills with ability to interact with co-workers and customers and work with limited supervision.
9. Familiarity with Quality requirements such as ISO9001 and AS9100 as well as customer requirements preferred.
10. Ability to work overtime as needed.
11. Ability to complete projects correctly and on time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent, and an AA degree in Computer Science; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of two years experience working in a casting facility preferred.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.