Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lehi, Utah
As a technical writer at Workfront, you will work with software engineers, QA engineers, and product managers to develop high-quality documentation that meets customer needs and supports successful product use. The documentation you create will also support other content-producers in the organization as they create their own content deliverables.
You will apply solid writing and technical skills to produce complete, accurate, usable documentation for the appropriate audiences. This includes ensuring that users can find the information they need quickly and efficiently; meeting project deadlines and requirements; and using all appropriate documentation standards, processes, tools, and quality measures.
A Typical Day in Your World:
* Become a contributing member of the development teams you support. Attend development demos and other meetings to stay informed on upcoming functionality enhancements and modifications.
* Assess and document new functionality prior to release by proactively keeping informed of new functionality, then taking the steps necessary to ensure users have adequate resources to learn about new functionality.
* Work closely with our support organization. Responding quick and request for new information that is needed internally and externally.
* Work closely with product and development managers and other development team members as you document new functionality. Become an advocate for the customer as you foresee customer questions and ensure potential customer concerns are either resolved within the product or within the product documentation that you create.
* Take ownership for all existing documentation within your assigned areas of the application. Ensure existing documentation is kept up to date and ensures successful product use.
* Provide documentation for internal teams, end-users, system administrators, and developers (API).
* Consistently seek ways to strengthen technical communication skills, technical skills, and product knowledge; understand company and business unit strategies, initiatives, and objectives; and build business skills and other professional skills.
* Apply thorough research to assignments. This includes interviewing subject matter experts and customer-facing stakeholders; configuring and testing product software; and reviewing product requirements, existing documentation, documentation for similar or competing products, customer requirements, and customer feedback.
* Have a fabulous lunch with people you respect and admire. Enjoy a free soda. Or 10 because, hey, they re free!
* At the end of a release, as the rest of the company is validating that, in fact, you and your team s work is indeed awesome and unspeakably incredible, take some time to do some research, train in a new technology or even watch a movie em, we mean participate in a team building exercise with your team.
To Land This Job You ll Need:
* Bachelor's degree in technical writing, English, instructional design, or closely-related field
* 2-5 years writing computer software documentation
* Pass a writing test that demonstrates your ability to take a complex task and document it in a way that makes it easy enough that anyone could accomplish it
* Edit existing documentation in a way that proves your competence in using sound grammar, as well as your ability to rewrite information to be more clear, accurate, and concise
* Show that you have enough technical prowess and confidence in your writing ability that you are comfortable re-wording, deleting, and adding information to content given to you by a product manager, developer, or other subject matter expert
* Demonstrate that you know how to use screen captures and graphics in a way that enhances written documentation without adding unnecessary maintenance overhead
* Demonstrate your ability to quickly become a contributor on a new team
* Have a basic working knowledge of developer environments and an understanding of current API documentation standards
* Excellent writing skills and American English language skills (usage, grammar, and punctuation)
* Strong aptitude for quickly learning new software tools and technical concepts
* Knowledge of technical writing principles and strong aptitude for quickly learning new writing techniques and writing styles
* Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills
* Flexible self-starter and proactive problem-solver
* Experience working for SaaS companies a plus
Now, Blow Our Minds:
* Provide writing samples that clearly demonstrate that all of the requirements for this job are second nature to you.
* Show experience using Illustrator or a similar product to create professional graphics that enhance your written documentation.
* Show us how you ve taken sub-par documentation and made it great.
* Demonstrate expert-level knowledge in producing enterprise-quality API documentation.U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Workfront are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, and you are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.