Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lincolnshire, Illinois
SPECIALIST, CLINICAL APPLICATIONS WAM
Job Location(s) US-IL-Lincolnshire
Posted Date 1 day ago(6/19/2019 11:11 AM)
# of Openings
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Clinical Application WAM Specialist. The Clinical Applications WAM Specialist is part of a multidisciplinary team that supports our WAM customers throughout the entire life cycle of our products. This includes implementation activities, on-site instrument and workflow training and support to realize an efficient and successful customer experience of the Sysmex solution as the primary laboratory consultant from a technical perspective. Also supports sales objectives by providing field technical support, serves as a technical consultant to existing and new customers, executes advanced training workshops, serves as the local resource for troubleshooting and resolving performance problems. Supports complex WAM implementations in total includes all aspects of build, testing, training and analyzer implementation with limited direction and serves nationally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Implement Sysmex products into customer sites/laboratories: Plan the implementation process. Work with customer to take ownership of the instrument. Assist customer with meeting their regulatory and validation requirements. Provide appropriate training for the customer on newly installed instruments. Manage the implementation process to meet customer expectations and timeline.
* Perform troubleshooting on issues related to reagent, middleware or instrument performance designed to improve customer self-sufficiency: Investigate problems; diagnose probable causes; systematically eliminate alternatives; provide solutions. Recognize and communicate product issues, complaints and potential improvements. Coaching and mentoring other specialists as assigned.
* Implements WAM to include rules writing, server configuration, validation testing, and all other support functions. Works independently and is able to manage multiple projects including those with heightened complexity. Handles very complex customers and situations such as commercial labs. Is required to work with all areas within Sysmex.
* Ensures approved validation testing protocols are followed and results documented accurately.
* Develop and implement training programs (workshops and onsite training) for customers in conjunction with Technical Services to maintain desired levels of customer satisfaction and referenceability.
* Manage time, territory and accounts effectively; use computers to document activity; take initiative to make changes to improve how work is done, focus on process improvement; promote customer satisfaction; support sales objectives and organizational directives; provide data to the organization on customer use/preferences leading to customer driven design/customer usability. Responsible for identifying and communicating critical gaps, product issues, complaints, and recommend potential improvements to the installation and implementation process. Responsible for supporting the systems assigned for follow up to meet business demands. Accomplish results individually and in collaboration on teams and work groups.
* Provide technical information to direct management/peers and other functional groups. Proactively address and support sales objectives and organizational directives.
* This individual must possess strong interpersonal, persuasive, problem solving and communication skills. The individual must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, can-do attitude and strong desire to set and achieve goals.
* Provide both pre-sale and post-sale support. Pre-sale support includes delivering technical presentations, support of Sysmex Express and instrument Demos, working trade shows, and performing evaluations as necessary. Post-sale support includes standard of work, capturing revenue through the ICN process, and customer retention activities when assigned to drive customer loyalty and satisfaction.
* Requires extensive travel, up to 80%, on short notice.
* Responsible for managing company assets and expenses within company guidelines.
* Other duties as requested.
Physical Risk: Regular exposure to risk that may require alertness, but with minimal precautions.
Physical Demands: Light physical effort. Routine handling of objects up to 20 pounds; prolonged (at least 50% of time) sitting, standing, keyboard or CRT work. May require periods of moderate discomfort due to noise, dust, lighting and/or other conditions.
* Bachelor s degree in Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology and 7-9 years of experience (Supervisory experience highly desirable) required.
* Previous experience in LIS, HIS or WAM required.
* Working knowledge and solid CLIA/COLA experience necessary.
* Strong Hematology experience preferred.
* ASCP or CLS certification required.
* Strong IT/LIS experience required.
* Demonstrated proficiency in implementing WAM at customer sites.
* Microsoft Office Suite.
* LIS, HIS or WAM experience.
* Strong written and oral communications skills required.
* Strong presentation and persuasive skills highly desirable.
* Highly visible position to the external customer requiring extensive interpersonal contact.
* Professional conduct necessary at all times even under stressful conditions.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze, problem solve and evaluate technical/IT data.
* Ability to assemble thoughts and conclusions into cogent and persuasive format, present professionally and gain acceptance / buy-in.
* Demonstrated ability to execute moderately to highly complex single and multisite integration activities to keep project momentum and manage issues (e.g. instrument operation, workflow and middleware).
* Demonstrated ability to both independently and collaboratively solve complex technical, rules and workflow concerns (e.g. instrument and/or system troubleshooting).
* Requires extensive travel, up to 80%, on short notice.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing..