Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lincolnshire, Illinois
Our story starts with a simple universal truth: Every business is a people business. Our people are our greatest assets at Alight Solutions because People Matter! We strive for Excellence Every Day by collaborating with our clients and colleagues. At Alight, we Think Forward and we Act Now to shape the future of work and life for organizations, people and their families! Alight has 25 years of industry experience. Our success is fueled by the expertise of our people, and the strength of our proprietary and partner technology. Come join the leading technology-enabled HR and benefits service provider. Be Real with Alight and help us reimagine how people and organizations thrive.
AS AN CLOUD DEPLOYMENT SOLUTIONS (CDS) WORKDAY HCM CONSULTANT A TYPICAL DAY TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
* Responsible for actively participating in all stages of the Workday project lifecycle, from planning and design phases through testing and deployment
* Responsible for the successful and on-schedule execution of analysis, design, configuration, and delivery of the Workday HCM solution
* Ensure adherence to Cloud Deployment Solutions (CDS) methodology and best practices
* Train and mentor less experienced team members
* Potentially engage on multiple concurrent projects
* Facilitate client discussions on Workday functional requirements and design
* Build and test Workday and ensure that all requirements meet the client needs
* Adhere to Alight Cloud Deployment Solutions (CDS) methodology and best practices
* Perform research on issues, identify root cause, and implement corrective measures
* Recognize process/methodology inefficiencies and recommends improvements
* Answer all inquiries and complete all deliverables on a timely basis
* Understand priorities and request help and support when needed
* Analyze risk and seek preventative measures
* Demonstrate ability to prioritize conflicting demands with little supervision
* Demonstrate ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
* Follow through on tasks and commitments; demonstrate strong work ethic and set an example for others
* Exchange information with appropriate people to complete work and keep information confidential as needed
* Develop working relationships and communicate effectively with both internal team members and external clients
* Provide high level of customer service to ensure client is enthusiastic about Alight
* Provide the project manager with status reports and keep PM informed on escalations
* Train and mentor less experienced team members
* Contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of internal tools
* Complete all required Knowledge Bytes to maintain Workday certification
* Participate in internal training, Workday Wednesdays and other events that help share knowledge across the practice
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE OF:
* 3 to 5 plus years of experience in HRIS field, preferably with Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, ADP or similar applications
* Knowledge and experience with translating business requirements into system requirements
* Previous consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software company
* Can effectively self-manage activities and deliverables
* Quick learner and motivated to understand various technologies
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong work ethic
* Ability to manage fluctuating workloads
* Resourceful and has great attention to detail
* Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment towards the job and goals of the organization
* Ability and willingness to train and mentor other team members
* Can work in a fast-paced, fast-growth, high-energy environment
* Ability to handle multiple high priority activities concurrently
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Accepts and adapts to change
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
* Successful completion of the Workday HCM Services Core curriculum or currently Workday HCM certified (current Workday HCM certification given preference)
Bachelor s Degree in a relevant field of study
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer..