Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Rochester, New York
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Software Service Engineer (current product) will provide technical service leadership and support for the DirectView, ImageView, and CyberSecurity Software on the Carestream CR and DRX Products. This is accomplished with direct involvement between worldwide service organizations, manufacturing and development. The objective is to become the product technical expert to provide technical leadership, orchestrate customer escalations with the Corrective Action Team, release instructional solutions to the field, and investigate opportunities to reduce service costs while simultaneously increasing customer satisfaction/delight.
* Provide Worldwide Technical Current Product Service Engineering Support for Carestream DirectView and ImageView Software on CR and DRX Products.
* Provide CyberSecurity Software support
* Responsible for providing support to the Worldwide Service Organizations to resolve complex system problems.
* Manage and resolve complex escalated customer software site problems
* Lead projects to drive product improvement of quality, cost and customer satisfaction
* Develop modification instructions and service bulletins to provide product information to the field
* Maintain software service documentation
* Insure the service documentation is current and service bulletins are issued on a timely basis
* Identify and drive key issues to corrective action and lead on going activities to reduce product service calls and service costs
* Be willing to attend night conference calls (estimate 3-4 times a month).
* Be willing to Travel 5% of the year domestically or internationally to resolve customer issues or for training
* BS in Software Engineering or Computer Engineering degree or 5 years of equivalent Software Engineering experience.
* 5+ years of experience with software troubleshooting skills and problem solving, preferably working on medical equipment.
* Experience analyzing raw field/product data to monitor and identify product reliability issues.
Carestream, and its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran..