Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Foster City, California
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
YOU'RE an Individual. WE'RE the team for you. TOGETHER, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our Enterprise Risk Solutions team to help design, enhance and build our transactional Fraud detection engine in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You are a full stack developer enjoying building real-time transactional services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. You are curious about Machine Learning and how it can be applied to fraud detection. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base including Facebook, Nike, FedEx, Apple to name a few. You will be driving innovation that makes our products stand apart from our competitors, delight the customer with faster times for market delivery.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
Some of Your Key Responsibilities
Our engineers do more than just write code:
* You ll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs.
* You ll use technologies that include Java, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more
* You ll venture into the world of Machine Learning and Deep Learning to build fraud models
* You will work with Technical Product Management to understand business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution
* You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems
* You ll leverage new technologies to build the next generation of Risk Services
* You ll play key role to design and implement various components of our global transaction processing systems
* You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
* You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field and 4+ years of Software Development experience or a Masters with 2+ years of Software Development experience.
* You are a Java expert and you have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
* You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar, JUnit, Mock frameworks.
* You have experience building enterprise class applications that use industry best practices for reliability, availability, scalability and operability.
* Experience in leading edge areas such as Machine Learning and Deep Learning, ML libraries/tools is a plus.
* Exposure to Big Data and analytics in general leveraging technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra.
* Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
* We count on your curiosity and creativity when working with your partners to create innovative solutions.
* You are a quick learner and have a strong work ethic to focus on our goals
* You have the passion to work with people and contribute to best practices that help the team to improve in efficiency and quality.
* A background in the fraud detection domain is a plus.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.