Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: NORFOLK, Virginia
LIFE CYCLE ENGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee owned company with an emphasis on "doing the right thing the right way, which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We are proud to have been recognized as a "Best Place to Work! Learn more below and at www.lce.com.
Life Cycle Engineering has an immediate need for a qualified Assessment Coordinator to provide support to Commander, Naval Surface Force, Atlantic (COMNAVSURFLANT).
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Selected candidate will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Review the TSRA equipment class matrices annually utilizing various data repositories to assist the government lead in adjusting and modifying TYCOM risk mitigation.
* Provide monitoring, reporting and problem resolution recommendations for TSRA visit scheduling, visit planning, visit execution, associated visit briefings, and TSRA message reporting for issue mitigation, process corrective action, and metric data analysis. Provide inputs for future improvements to the TSRA Instruction (COMNAVSURFPAC/COMNAVSURFLANTINST 4700.1B/CNRMCINST 4700.7A).
* Develop training on TSRA and other material assessment issues for the TYCOM staff, Immediate Superior in Command (ISIC) and ships.
* Conduct periodic quality assurance reviews with the Port Engineers and Type Desks on TSRA planning process and visit execution.
* During the TSRA visits verify the completeness and technical accuracy of OPNAV Form 4790/2K.
* Review customer satisfaction surveys by TSRA visit ships and assist the RMCs in development and maintenance of said surveys. Provide periodic recommendations or summaries of surveys for continuous improvement.
* Review TSRA Visit long range schedule for accuracy and executability and preliminary Baseline Agendas for each TSRA Visit.
* Track and review various TSRA messages and provide recommendations.
* Attend Visit Pre-briefs and Out-briefs.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
* BS in Engineering-related field.
* Twenty years of active Naval service on US Navy Surface Ships, achieving the rank of O-4 or E-7 in engineering related billet.
* Three years as Division/Department Leading Chief Petty Officer or Division Officer onboard US Navy Surface Ship with experience in managing Divisional/Departmental CSMP.
* Five years of experience conducting material condition analysis onboard US Navy Surface Ships.
* Five years on maintenance related shore staff.
* Participated in two TSRA visits as member of ship's force.
* Experience with or completed course in Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM).
Physical Demands and Expectations:
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, and standing; frequent periods of prolonged sitting may be required.
* Maneuvering around tight spaces in a shipboard environment
* Ability to speak, read, hear, and write, with or without assistance.
* Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment.
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision Plans for employees and their families
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
* Company matched 401(k) & company-funded Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
* Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave
* Dynamic employee innovation/entrepreneurship program which includes education, empowerment, and monetary rewards
* Continuing Education and Professional Development programs at all levels
* Flexible schedules and relaxed dress code
* Employer-sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous recognition opportunities, and more
*Benefits may vary by business unit and location
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.