Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER:
Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works with product and internal business stakeholders to collect requirements for projects
Contributes to the development and maintenance of the application architecture and ensures all development conforms to standards
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or internet related computer programs
Analyzes existing programs or formulates logic for new systems
Develops conversion and system implementation plans
Prepares and obtains approval of system and programming documentation
Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards
Design and build AWS environments using automated workflows
Plans, designs, develops, and tests a library of scripts to automate the WEX CPT AWS cloud environments
Work with Architecture teams and tech leads translating requirements into designs and automated workflows
Assist DevOps teams with implementing automation scripts that follow the WEX standards
Work closely with Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture and Info Security teams to develop automation that meet our standards and compliance requirements.
Complete projects and other duties as assigned
Train off-hours staff for duties that can be performed during non-business hours.
Project lead on technology changes
Participate in the on-call support rotation.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
* Bachelor s degree with 3+ years of relevant work experience, including development and/or DevOps automation experience.
* Possess the ability to use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Extensive knowledge and experience with Design Thinking Methodology.
* Extensive knowledge and experience with Agile Development Methodology.
* Work in an Agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain systems, which may include software installations, updates, and core services.
* Work with development teams to enable a continuous integration environment that sustains high productivity levels and emphasizes defect prevention techniques.
* Automate and optimize processes, using tools like AzureDevops, Chef, Docker, and terraform.
* Design and implement tools for automated deployment and monitoring of multiple environments.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production instances.
* Are great at solving problems; debugging; and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical problems.
* Knowledge and experience with AWS Technologies
* Working experience with AzureDevops, AWS Cloud Formation, TerraForm, Ansible, Jenkins, and Chef
* Scripting experience in Python, Ruby, Perl, or Bash
* AWS Security Group and Route Table experience
* Extensive knowledge and experience with UNIX/Linux/Windows environments
* Experience meeting PCI, HIPAA, and Sarbanes-Oxley security requirements
* Ability to prioritize and organize work tasks for maximum efficiency
* A can do attitude and works well in a team environment
* Schedule flexibility to accommodate on-call responsibilities
* Ability to document clear/precise instructions for procedures or processes
* Successfully complete a background investigation.
* A Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science is a plus.
* Master s degree a plus
* Familiarity with Agile development methodology and DevOps automation experience is a plus.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence. Benefits include: 401(k) Plan Adoption Assistance Bonus Plan Dental Insurance Dependent Life Insurance Employee Assistance Program Employee Referral Award Program Expedition - WEX s Sabbatical Program Extended Parental Leave Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent) Health Insurance Life Insurance/AD&D On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location Pet Insurance Paid Time Off(PTO) Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs Tuition Reimbursement VisionEqual Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETS/DISABILITY