Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Crowley is a privately-owned marine, transportation and logistics company providing worldwide solutions since 1892. We have over 6,000 high-performing team members in 34 countries and Caribbean territories, who are diverse, encouraged and deliver on their commitments. We are Crowley, the people who know.
THE CROWLEY WAY
We believe in and celebrate the power of collaboration between people with diverse backgrounds and experiences who share their differences and are driven to achieve business and personal goals. We support the development of our high-performers and are committed to guiding them every step of the way.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE LOOK LIKE?
Responsible for supervising the safe discharge, organization, storage, and movement of cargo through the terminal.
SOME OF YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
* Responsible for vehicle and trailer inspection and related programs.
* Assist in properly planning and coordinating stevedoring and yard operations in a safe, organized manner for maximum yard efficiency.
* Responsible for staffing of union employees, for safety rule enforcement, operations oversight, and completion of all pertinent reports and paperwork.
* Oversee job call of union employees, for safety rule enforcement, operations oversight, and completion of all pertinent reports and paperwork.
* Associate degree in business/related field or a combination of post high school and equal experience may be substituted for education.
* 4 or more years' experience in yard or vessel operations.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word.
* Bilingual English/Spanish
* Union supervisory experience preferred.
WHAT AN AVERAGE DAY LOOKS LIKE:
* You find yourself in situations where you need ability to apply skill sets and demonstrate proven experience developing, improving and streamlining processes to meet established goals and objectives.
* You effectively manage projects that may vary in nature and scope.
APPLY IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED AND THESE COMPETENCIES DESCRIBE YOU:
* Demonstrates self-awareness (Our culture thrives on positive intent, which applies to receiving/giving feedback).
* Action-oriented (you figure things out and execute).
* Manage ambiguity (things change so we want to know you can adapt).
* Collaborates (you know five heads are better than one).
* Nimble learning (youre knowledgeable of a lot of subjects and are not afraid to share and seek new skills and insight)
WHAT ELSE IS IN IT FOR YOU?
Our people enjoy some amazing perks, check out a few below:
EMPLOYEE RESOURCE GROUPS - These dynamic committees are driven by you and your peers and are designed for networking, engaging and growing your interests. We welcome new groups all the time!
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT - We believe that personal development is key to a high-performance organization and encourage our employees to own their own growth. We offer a variety of training classes and resources for employee and team development and promote a culture of learning.
AWESOME PEOPLE - Your colleagues will challenge you to be your best every single day and acknowledge your efforts. Plus, our people know how to have fun. (Search #OneCrowley for a sneak peek.)
If this position doesnt sound like a fit for you, check out our other openings. www.crowley.com/careers
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer. For affirmative action purposes and to assist in our compliance with federal government record keeping, we would request that you complete a voluntary self-identification information form. All information provided will be kept confidential and separate from your application data.
* Works both inside an office environment and also outside in conditions of both high and low temperatures.
* May be exposed to odors, dust, dirt, mechanical hazards, high noise levels and potentially dangerous equipment.
* Must be able to crouch and stoop to get into areas with restricted headroom and be able to climb ladders.
* May require extended use of computer keyboard and viewing of computer monitor and ability to sit for long periods of time.
The position is Exempt, Requires ability to work long hours to meet required deadlines Must comply with all work rules, including those that pertain to safety and health.