Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, California
The Application Software Quality Assurance group within the Software Engineering Applications group, supports the verification and validation of the home-grown and packaged applications used by the Tesla Business User Community. Software QA Engineers in these groups support functional validation of applications for new features and enhancements delivered to the business as part of an Agile process in bi-weekly sprints and monthly releases. Engineers also validate applications/modules, end-to-end, across various applications. Engineers use open source tools like Selenium framework with Python coding for building the automation regression suite that is executed for every sprint. Engineers are required to enhance the automation framework and work on CI tools. Software QA Engineers automate the micro services/API that are built for each application. Engineers automate the smoke test cases that are used as post-validation scripts after every successful production deployment. Engineers also use defect and test management tools to communicate the test status within the teams and to other cross functional teams. Software QA Engineers need to understand and validate the data by running SQL scripts against the DB Schema and ensure that the data that is displayed correctly from the database tables.
The Software QA Engineer will be involved throughout the development life cycle of each Tesla application development, with particular responsibility of quality and emphasis on development and implementation of test automation. The Engineer will be involved in the creation of test scripts and test scenarios per the business requirement or user acceptance criteria and also conduct automated and manual tests (where necessary) to ensure that the software created meets requirements. The Software QA Engineer will be called upon to think outside the box and do exploratory testing where needed.
* Develop Automated Test suits for Applications
* Evangelize QA Methodologies to development teams
* Develop Test plans and test cases.
* Preparation of test data for Testing.
* The ability to work to aggressive deadlines
* Testing Mobile apps
* Execute functional system and Integration testing, regression testing of Website, ERP, CRM and packages Application
* Verify the quality of data; ensure data coming in matches existing data, verify functionality and data output against requirements.
* Log, manage, and retest defects in bug tracking system.
* Report testing status, milestones and issues to project stakeholders.
* Support off-hours launch and monitoring of systems with IT teams as needed.
* Update and use Confluence page extensively for open knowledge-sharing.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, IT, or related field.
* Proficient in designing/creating frameworks
* Strong knowledge in one or more tools (Webdriver / Appium or WebdriverJS)
* Strong Understanding of REST and demonstrated experience with web services APIs testing/automation
* Very good experience in using open source tools like Git, stash and Jenkins
* Good experience with Protractor, BDD (e.g Cucumber, Jasmine), Continuous Integration (e.g., Jenkins, Hudson) or Delivery
* Basic knowledge of unit testing using tools like TestNG, JUnit
* Debugging distributed systems and applications
* Clear understanding of the product development cycle, technical requirements and project management
* Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices
* Evidence of exceptional ability
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.