Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Req Id 30507 - Posted 02/27/2019 - Marketing / Business - King of Prussia. Pennsylvania. US
The Business Development Engineer is responsible for identifying, developing and commercializing new business opportunities within his/her markets of focus for the Technical Polymers business in North America. He/she manages a portfolio of at least a couple of tens of ongoing business opportunities in the automotive and transportation industry. The successful incumbent will possess a strong marketing/commercial and technical skillset and will be expected to determine/understand the market needs, establish the value proposition and develop and execute a market development plan accordingly. The Business Development Engineer defines, executes and/or requests the right level of technical service to support his/her activity. He/she proposes and leads new product development projects under Arkema's stage-gate process. He/she aligns actions with the overall business strategy through close interactions with management within the R&D/BDI and business/market organizations. Specific job activities include (but are not limited to):
Business development activities (North America) - 80%
* Develop and execute development strategies in selected markets/segments of focus which includes:
* Explore, Identify and develop new market / application opportunities
* Lead customers/markets development projects until full commercialization
* Determine value chain and competitive environment
* Determine IP landscape and ensure strategic IP differentiation (propose IP filing as appropriate)
* Define, execute or request the right level of technical service required to support the business development activity
* Create and quantify market pull to propose and when appropriate lead new Product Development projects under Arkema stage-gate process.
* Identify, approach and engage Universities, Consulting Consortia and Entrepreneurial free agents for collaborative development.
* Identify and propose strategic Partnerships ideas (JDA, JV, acquisitions,…
Marketing / Communication activities - 10%
* Trade shows representation
* Write articles, give papers, and attend conferences
* In collaboration with the business and marketing teams: propose and implement branding strategies
Reporting / internal communication and processes - 10%
* Use Arkema CRM system to support and report activity (Call reports, samples/tech service requests etc)
* Write monthly activity reports
* Deliver activity summary presentations to peers and upper management (Project portfolio reviews, sales meetings…)
* Periodically exchange with Global Business and Business development teams to share experiences, informations on new developments at global accounts and favor cross fertilization between regions.
Business travel is expected to be approximately 40-50% of the time (mainly domestic, but some international travel may be required).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree in Polymers, Polymer Engineering, Polymer Processing or Materials Science is required; MS or Ph.D is a plus. MBA is also a plus.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience, including a minimum of 3 years in an R&D or Technical Service role, preferably in the engineering polymers/thermoplastic industry and at least 3 years of Experience in Business Development, Field Marketing, or field Sales. A significant experience in at least one of the market of focus will be highly regarded.
* Demonstrated ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team (transversal management)
* Strong leadership, interpersonal skills.
* Excellent listening, communication and negotiating skills.
* Strong customer focus
* Detail oriented, with excellent prioritization and follow-up.
* High level of written and oral (including presentation) competency.
* Efficient with computer and communication tools (CRMs, usual software (Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
* Cultural awareness and willingness to travel globally.
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans High Performance Materials, Industrial Specialties and Coating Solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of EUR8.3 billion in 2017, we employ around 20,000 people worldwide and operate in some 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.