Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Riverside, California
BUDGET AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $132,500
The anticipated budgeted amount for this position is $75,000 - $85,000. University Advancement is critically important to the financial well-being of UC Riverside. Within Advancement a key function of Development is to increase the philanthropic support for the University by nurturing long-term relationships with alumni and friends. With a staff of more than 55 and a budget of approximately $1 million, ensuring that the organization is running as efficiently as possible and meeting the expectations of key customers is crucial. Reporting directly to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Development, the budget and operations manager (BOM) provides expert level guidance on financial and administrative functions, services and systems, internal controls, practices, policies, and procedures. The BOM supervises a staff of three, handling all hiring, training, personnel reviews, assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance and handling disciplinary matters. S/he also has primary responsibility for Development's annual budget. This includes; creating and overseeing the budget, preparing financial forecasts and reports, and providing expert level assistance to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Development. S/he will also ensure that development employees are kept informed of regulations, policies and procedures related to financial and administrative matters.
Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
6 - 10 years of related experience.
Previous supervisory/managerial experience.
Solid understanding of financial and resource planning concepts as well as how to control organizational budgeting.
Extensive knowledge of, human resource policies, practices, and planning.
Extensive knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems, budgeting and reporting techniques, accounting and bookkeeping.
Advanced skills in the use of spreadsheet and database software.
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Client services oriented, has good listening, communication, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
Proven ability to deal with changing priorities and direct the work of others accordingly. Ability to multi-task.
Demonstrated ability to screen applications, interview candidates, and either make selection decisions or recommend individuals for hire.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across the organization at all levels.
Ability to prepare and present materials to internal and external constituents.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position