Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Riverside, California
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE VICE PROVOST & DEAN OF UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION
8AM - 5PM
$48,800 - $96,200
The executive assistant reports to the Vice Provost and Dean for Undergraduate Education (VPDUE) providing executive level coordination and administrative support. The incumbent exercises sound judgment, tact, confidentiality and discretion in all aspects of VPDUE operations. In coordination with the VPDUE, implements decisions based on a thorough understanding of the VPDUE's priorities and expectations. Coordinates meetings, records meeting notes, and follows through on implementation of decisions. Prepares and reviews communication materials, ensures the Dean is fully briefed on relevant issues, and prepares all background information supporting each issue. Advises on university communications, drafts communications, website postings, and social media posts, arranges for all meetings/travel schedules, and campus and community events. Monitors and facilitates follow-up of action items. Responsible for establishing and maintaining a professional and collaborative working environment. The budgeted salary for this position is up to $75,000.00 depending on qualifications. Candidates invited to participate in the interview process will be required to provide a sample of self-written communication and a PowerPoint presentation they have developed. Additionally, finalists that are selected for 2nd round interviews will be required to complete a skills assessment.
Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Advanced degree in related field.
4 - 7 years of related experience.
Experience with UCR electronic applications.
Experience of 3 years in MS Office and O365 calendaring.
Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Solid analytical/problem-solving skills.
Advising and counseling skills.
Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Strong service orientation.
Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization as well as the Office of the President and external constituencies.
Strong skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, alumni/donors, students and external constituencies, both verbally and in writing.
Knowledge of UCR and skill in analyzing UC policies and procedures.
Strong knowledge and application with technology including PowerPoint, Social Media platforms, and CMS.
Knowledge of federal regulations such as FERPA.
Familiarity with the organization's processes, protocols and procedures.
Thorough knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position