Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
SummaryThe Lead Applications Administrator is a member of the Pharma Operations \u0026 Technology (PO\u0026T) Application Support team (Technical Development, Manufacturing, and Quality) reporting to the Associate Director of PO\u0026T Application Support. Application Support provides oversight and support for enterprise applications to the global Biogen community.Job DescriptionThis Lead Applications Administrator is a member of the PO\u0026T Application Support team reporting to the Associate Director of PO\u0026T Application Support. Application Support provides support for over 500 enterprise applications to the global Biogen community.
The Lead Applications Administrator will play a critical role on oversight and execution to ensure the availability, reliability, and usability of Biogen's suite of applications for PO\u0026T. Subject matter ranges across statistical analysis tools, as well as data aggregation and master data management.
* Drive the implementation of the IT vision and strategy for PO\u0026T.
* Coordinate incident management and drive resolution.
* Develop and maintain Support and Service models for production applications. Occasional issue resolution on escalated problems or challenges (non-routine ticket support).
* Ensure routine maintenance tasks and system administrative activities are running smoothly to maintain reliable and effective operation of all applications.
* Ensure change management processes are continuously followed to maintain a stable production environment.
* Initiate and drive to closure deviations and CAPAs as needed.
* Manage production deployment of application patches and upgrades.
* Sustain Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) management through routine systems health assessment, maintenance of high quality documentation, and real time license management.
* As a member of a global IT team, participate in problem resolution related to application issues across business units and regions; this includes working with business colleagues, business-facing IT colleagues, infrastructure teams, external partners, and/or vendors.
* Create and maintain an informational IT "knowledge base" containing documentation of applications, policies, procedures, infrastructure, and other critical technology assets.
* Provide Guidance \u0026 Collaboration with Managed Service Provider (MSP) partners responsible for IT core support services and operations as required.
* Demonstrate excellence in customer care, assurance and service quality; ensure all appropriate Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in core service metrics are met or exceeded.
* Testing HPALM approval/reviews ensure following GxP
The ideal candidate will possess an accomplished professional track record combined with exceptional technical acumen, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated potential to continually grow into new responsibilities.
She/he must be a self-motivated team player who is coachable, flexible, resilient, and comfortable working under high pressure with multiple deadlines and minimal supervision in a dynamic application environment.Qualifications* 5+ years application/platform management experience, 3+ years collaborating closely with technical IT teams.
* Direct experience working with offshore support personnel and outsourced service providers.
* Direct experience supporting GxP biotech, and/or pharmaceutical industries.
* Working demonstrable knowledge of the following applications and topics:
o Labware LiMS
o Data Analytics
o GxP System validation and maintenance
o Principles of Data Governance and Data Integrities
o Systems administration, monitoring, performance tuning, and scripting under Windows and UNIX.
o Change management, issue tracking, and incident analysis.
* Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting abilities.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.EducationBA/BS in computer science, engineering, lab-based sciences or related technical disciplines preferred. A combination of education and direct industry experience will also be considered.All individuals deserve the right to achieve their full potential. Accordingly, our company welcomes all job applicants, and we strive to provide all employees with equal opportunity for advancement. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on an individual's sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local government agencies or law.As an employer of choice, we strive to:Provide attractive employment opportunities for diverse candidates at all levels and in all segments of our organizationPursue and maintain relationships with sources of diverse candidates, community organizations, and academic institutionsComply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulations relating to nondiscrimination and affirmative action in employmentVEVRAA Federal ContractorWe Request Priority Protected Veteran and Disabled Referrals for all of our locations