Posted in Engineering 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Carlsbad, California
Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Viasat Security Engineering is on the cutting edge of many security issues for a wide variety of platforms and technologies including cloud services, identity and access management, mobile devices, and virtualization and custom hardware, all operating at massive scale. Our highly collaborative team is committed to each team member's growth as our business grows. We are looking for a Security Engineering Technical Product Manager to oversee the success of the Security Pipeline Tools product, which seeks to drive adoption of next-generation automation and selfservice for a variety of traditional security functions such as vulnerability management and assessment. You will have the opportunity to not only drive this "shift-left" approach, but to also share your knowledge with others and help execute adoption across all of our lines of business. Partnering with other Viasat product teams, you will be the voice of our various constituents, and help bring about our next exciting chapter. You will work with senior management and developers on defining product and technology roadmaps, exploit synergy of platform and infrastructure capabilities across different projects, and guide an engineering team in designing and delivering highly scalable self-service software architectures that focus on the business requirements of customers and enable industry leadership. You possess the creativity and the motivation to deliver exceptional customer experience and to solve real problems for real users. You will be joining a team of engineers who work together very closely in a distributed setup in which team members are geographically spread out but collaborate with frequent communications, shared development sessions, distributed pair and group programming, and sharing information and interactions by phone, video, chat, e-mail, and other means of information exchange. Successful candidates will be able both think strategically and tactically, and will have a proven track record of being able to execute efficiently. An ability to multitask and adapt quickly to changing needs is also essential. The roles and responsibilities of this position include the following:
* Oversee planning, design, implementation, change management, and reporting activities for a highly-visible internal product.
* Manage governance process and funding needs, and provide visibility of product status to stakeholders.
* Own the product vision, and evangelize it throughout the organization.
* Bring the "voice of the customer" onto the team. Work with UX design to ensure proper research into the customer viewpoint and needs by working closely with users and engineering stakeholders. Deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize user needs into product priorities and roadmap plans.
* Drive success of the product through iterative improvement on an ongoing basis with the team and other stakeholders.
* Develop, refine, and report on relevant metrics.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
* 3+ years' experience in project planning/tracking, resource management, and product delivery.
* Specific experience with agile methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM) and tools (Jira, Hipchat, Slack, Confluence) and modern software development environments.
* Strong team building, collaboration, and written & verbal communication skills.
* Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units, while cultivating and maintaining collaborative relationships.
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and comfortable with technical details -- you can have credible conversations with engineers about technical implementations and product issues.
* US Citizenship Required.
* Up to 10% Travel.
* 3+ years of domain knowledge and/or experience in the disciplines of software engineering and/or information security.
* Experience with cloud platforms and/or technologies (Amazon, Openstack, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud).
* Familiarity with various programming languages such as Python, Go, Ruby, Java, and C.
* Experience with enterprise vulnerability management and risk assessment processes.
* Knowledge of software automation and DevOps (CI/CD pipelines, tools, and methods).
* Proven experience with complete product life cycle in a production services environment, including design, implementation, load and scale testing, deployment and maintenance
* Strong technical and software engineering background in particular in the areas of cloud computing, enterprise computing, servers, networking, and virtualization technology and products
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!Additional requirements
Years of experience: 3-5 years
Travel: Up to 10%
Citizenship: US Citizenship Required