Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
SummaryThe Senior Analyst III, Safety Data Sciences is a key member in Global Safety and Regulatory Sciences (GSRS) supporting the Safety Surveillance roadmap within the Technology, Analytics and Data Insights (TADI) group.Job DescriptionThe Senior Analyst III, Safety Data Sciences is a key member in Global Safety and Regulatory Sciences (GSRS) supporting the Safety Surveillance roadmap within the Technology, Analytics and Data Insights (TADI) group. Working in conjunction with other TADI Data Scientists and collaborating with other analytic groups in R\u0026D, the Senior Analyst III will participate in the identification and evaluation of available data sources, applying advanced analytical techniques to mine, clean, and interpret the data. This role will contribute to discovering new insights, transforming Biogen Pharmacovigilance to a data driven approach.
At the Senior III level, this person is viewed as an expert in the analytic and programming space and will be a key contributor to defining best practices, data and programming governance, and will be consulted on the overall data science strategy in GSRS. This person will also act as a mentor to junior staff and may have supervisory responsibilities on specific projects or tasks. This person will also keep up with current trends in the data science community ensuring Biogen is maximizing the value of the data assets and models.
1. Implement analytic strategy maximizing the use of disparate data sources (e.g. Real World data, Clinical Trial data, digital data, etc.) and modern methodologies in advancing safety surveillance.
2. Test and implement new methodologies, technologies and outputs (including the use of Artificial Intelligence) and identify/incorporate new data sources to support safety surveillance road map.
3. Collaborate with R\u0026D analytic groups to support R\u0026D analytics strategy (defining standards, innovation, and analytics governance)
4. Presentation of analyses and outcomes.
5. Mentor/train junior staff in the Technology, Analytics and Data Insights (TADI) group.Qualifications* 5+ years experience utilizing/analyzing data to support decision making, preferably in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry.
* Expert programming using SAS, R, Python or other analytical language against large, disparate data sources.
* Advanced knowledge of real world data sources (e.g. electronic medical record, claims, social media , digital, device or other data).
* Ability to utilize data visualization tools techniques (e.g Tableau, R, etc.) to effectively communicate information from data.EducationBachelor's degree required, Maters Degree preferred in computer science, mathematics/statistics, computational biology or similar.All individuals deserve the right to achieve their full potential. Accordingly, our company welcomes all job applicants, and we strive to provide all employees with equal opportunity for advancement. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on an individual's sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local government agencies or law.As an employer of choice, we strive to:Provide attractive employment opportunities for diverse candidates at all levels and in all segments of our organizationPursue and maintain relationships with sources of diverse candidates, community organizations, and academic institutionsComply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulations relating to nondiscrimination and affirmative action in employmentVEVRAA Federal ContractorWe Request Priority Protected Veteran and Disabled Referrals for all of our locations