Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Center Valley, Pennsylvania
Hearst’s Enthusiast Group seeks an energetic, creative, detail-driven associate test director to manage and drive the group’s digital and print gear coverage. In this position you will work closely with the test director, SEO manager, commerce team, and test editors across Bicycling, Popular Mechanics, and Runner’s World to plan, edit, and publish digital and print reviews and gear stories. You will use analytics, search-optimization best practices, and pro-level editing to produce content that drives traffic, generates affiliate revenue, and deeply connects with our audience. The ideal candidate has a passion for product journalism and fully embraces our mission to help millions of readers find the best products to fuel their enthusiast lifestyle. You will bring your own enthusiasm for the gear we cover and the brands we work on to elevate the authenticy, urgency, and aesthetic of our reviews, ensuring that all content performs against established metrics. The role is based in the Enthusiast Group headquarters in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. Qualifications:
* Create and maintain the daily publishing schedule and long-term review calendar.
* Plan, manage, and shepherd gear-focused print content for 20 issues each year, executing it at the highest level and with respect to deadlines.
* Use your experience with cycling, home, outdoor, tech, and running gear to test products and write researched reviews and roundups.
* Make sure every piece of content is accurate, credible, engaging, and on-brand.
* Edit or top edit five to 10 stories each day. Assign stories to freelancers as needed.
* Work with senior test editors and test director to mentor and manage a staff of 8 test editors.
* Hit every deadline and crush every metric.
* 5+ years experience editing and writing product reviews or service content
* 2+ years managing an editorial staff
* Digital content production experience necessary; competency using Google Analytics, Google Trends, and affiliate-network reporting tools a major plus.
* Budget- and metric-driven personality
* Talent for getting the best from your team while creating an environment where enthusiasts thrive
* Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
* Must be able to work flexible hours as needed