Posted in Automotive 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Yakima, Washington
SHOP FOREMAN: Position will supervise shop technicians and ensure that all service work is completed in a timely manner. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist with analyzing and diagnosing road truck malfunctions or failures.
• Assist with the direction of Repairing, replacing, maintaining and/or rebuilding cabs, steering systems, engines, transmissions, axles, differentials, brakes, clutches, electrical systems and air systems.
• Updating service staff on projected completion times for repairs.
• Working with all repair orders requiring diagnosis for express assessment within time restrictions.
• Recording all shop comebacks and reporting them to the manager daily.
• Monitoring technician progress on jobs ensuring SRT times are met.
• Verify warranty coverage, parts list, and SRT times for estimates.
• Updating manager and advisors daily of shop loading % and work levels needed.
• Reviewing process for technicians on approved repairs at teardown to determine if revised estimates are needed.
• Ensuring the safety of all technicians.
Must have 3 years supervisor experience and 3 plus years’ experience working on class 7 & 8 trucks. Must have knowledge of computer diagnostics, be well organized, and have excellent customer service skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description