Posted in General Business 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
This position will assist and gain a working knowledge of the various departments within the sales department.
PHASE 1: In the first month of the program, the associate will gain a working knowledge and be trained in the performance of the following types of duties:
• National Sales: Handle airtime sales to advertising agencies and direct clients; process orders into station systems and generate contracts; schedule paid programming; resolve airtime scheduling problems such as revisions, make goods, preemptions, discrepancies and cancellations.
• Research/Marketing: Prepare analysis of market program audiences and estimates; assist sales in marketing initiatives; create sales campaigns and presentations; work with Nielsen ratings/products; learn use of ABC network systems.
• Traffic: Input local copy instructions and orders; manipulate inventory and commercial placement; formatting of daily logs.
• New Media: Gain understanding of multi-platform media such as online media, mobile and digital sales.
PHASE II: In the remaining months of the program, the associate will work with the account executives to become fully immersed in their role as a sales professional.
• Perform client services including but not limited to avail presentations, package preparation, copy writing, credit applications, collections, etc.
• Create non-traditional revenue opportunities.
• Coordinate production efforts for new clients.
• Execute post-buy analyses of broadcast and digital schedules
• Obtain commercial material to be used by Traffic for on-air schedules.
• Develop new business for multiple platforms (such as on-air, mobile, online, digital).
• Utilize research to position the station as premiere marketing vehicle.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed by Sales Management Team.
Education & Experience
Skills & Abilities