SGS Automotive Services N.A., a division of SGS Group based in Geneva Switzerland, provides commercial and statutory automotive related services to our clients in the US, Canada, and Mexico. SGS Automotive is a vehicle inspection company for the study, development and application of technologies for motor vehicle testing, diagnostics, repair, technician training, and information management. Coupled with developing and managing Inspection and Maintenance programs, SGS also provides a wide range of commercial automotive industry inspection services such as New Car, Off-Lease, certified pre-owned, auction, B2B online, and dealer testing, inspection, and certification services.
• Supports the local efforts of Account Management and assigned programs
• Maintaining a positive and productive business relationship with assigned accounts and account team by facilitating day-to-day operations, ensuring current business metrics are maintained, resolving daily problems, avoiding claim situations or loss of work, maximizing work opportunities and optimizing new work potential
• Develop and maintain positive relationships within the account to ensure SGS remains the service provider of choice.
• Supervisor - Local Account Management
Account Coordination and Support
• Under direction of assigned Account Owner, assist in execution of delivering services required to support client SLA and local business strategy
• Daily support of account with direction. Provide an additional/secondary point of contact to the account, facilitate effective coordination of job orders, enquiries and technical exchanges between SGS affiliates, offices and personnel involved in the execution of the contract
• Support account team and operations with on-boarding of new clients or existing client new programs/revisions to programs
• Carry out account activities as directed to ensure that goals and objectives are achieved and/or exceeded within prescribed time frames
• Work with internal teams to ensure that information is communicated correctly
• Prepare and distribute relevant and accurate reports as required to support the account (performance against key performance indicators, service level agreements requirements, if applicable, invoicing and financial targets)
• Ensure prompt escalation of service delivery issues or matters of customer concern through close coordination between the account and executing branches
• Leverage internal teams as necessary to assist in preparation of assigned material.
• Within the scope of the account, carry out duties based on policies and procedures as appropriate
• Monitor customer satisfaction, provide insight and react as necessary
• Regularly and accurately report to Account Owner/Management or any other relevant team on account status and issues
• Provide information, technical assistance and back-up to SGS offices involved in account activities
• Upon request or at regularly scheduled intervals, provide account feedback to relevant business teams (account management, new product development, business development/sales and operations management)
• May participate in trade shows and other networking activities that elevate SGS profile
• May attend customer meetings under the direction of Account Management
• Work closely with other international teams to foster a cooperative internal environment and to share and promote best practices within SGS
• Avoid claim situations and mitigate any legal measures against SGS
• Maintain knowledge of the SGS Group network and services
• Actively promote the image, capability and integrity of SGS to the account
• Maintain positive, healthy communication internally and with SGS clients
• At all times, adopt a safe behavior by exercising due regard for the health and safety of SGS employees and clients, in line with SGS policies and procedures
• At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
• 3-5 years demonstrated experience in related or equivalent field
• Fluent in English, high level of written and verbal English
• Conveys a positive attitude both internally and externally at all times
• Quick learner and self-starter with strong follow up/follow through skills
• Takes direction well
• Accepts responsibility and works well with other team members
• Ability to work with remote management, teams or accounts
• Business awareness and acumen
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Strong written and proof-reading skills, pays attention to detail
• Advanced computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office Products)
• Basic understanding in the related field
• Available, flexible and responsiveness
• Strong service oriented mindset
• Professional, high standards in personal presentation
• Ability to coordinate several activities simultaneously
• Troubleshooter, problem solver
• Good listener
Willing and able to work extended hours as required
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES:
• Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
• Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
• In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
• Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
• Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
• Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
• Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
• Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
• Office based position
• Valid driving license
Ability and willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice
• May travel up to 25% of time as directed by management