Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Analyst level II is responsible for creating reports, data extracts, visual dashboards and complex score -cards based on detailed customer specifications. They work closely with end -users to gather functional requirements, design detailed technical requirements and ensure proper testing /validation of data. The Analyst II is a senior member of the Epic Reporting team, will lead development projects with junior staff and is responsible for the creation, documentation, and support of business intelligence (BI) solutions from Epic databases and other data stores. Attention to detail and data analysis experience are critical to be successful in this position.
* 1. Application Development
* 1.1. Supports new application development including analysis, planning and preparation.
* 1.2. Demonstrates extraordinary ability to perform the technical skills of the job.
* 1.3. Works with Application Specialists I, to enhance technical and analytical skills, provide support and provides recommendations and participates in design and code walkthroughs.
* 1.4. May provide input to performance reviews of Application Specialists.
* 1.5. Designs, programs and tests conversions, interfaces, reports and other computer programs according to the departmental standards.
* 1.6. Analyzes the need for development of in-house programs to support the new system, including programs needed to convert data from the old to the new system.
* 1.7. Identifies and recommends changes in workflow, procedures, forms and/or data to make optimal use of the new system.
* 1.8. Provides Epic product function, design, and build expertise and experience needed for successful implementation.
* 1.9. Assists in resolving major design issues and presents options for resolution.
* 1.10. Analyzes business processes to ensure proper system configuration.
* 1.11. Logs, tracks, and resolves issues and changes in regards to software code modifications or enhancements.
* 1.12. Meets with users to determine specifications of particular hardware or software needs.
* 1.13. Informs management of all issues that are impacting or will impact assigned area/s.
* 2. Teamwork
* 2.1. Creates and maintains regular status reports to Application Coordinator.
* 2.2. Attends weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates.
* 2.3. Completes specific task activities as documented on the Work Plan.
* 2.4. Works with training team to develop application specific training curriculums and materials.
* 2.5. Supports all project team members with application and information systems knowledge.
* 2.6. Promotes a team atmosphere that is conducive to the overall accomplishment of goals, schedules, and deadlines.
* 2.7. Openly shares information with all team members.
* 2.8. Willingness to subordinate individual goals for team goals.
* 3. Documentation
* 3.1. Documents and maintains all required system design and build documents and configures system accordingly.
* 3.2. Contributes to preparation of testing scripts and materials and performs unit, system, and integrated testing tasks.
* 3.3. Provides expertise and experience to the development of production environment readiness plan.
* 4. Other
* 4.1. Provides training to other IT staff and user clients as appropriate.
* 4.2. Coordinates interactions and activities of vendors, both on-site and off-site.
* 4.3. Work closely with end users to identify business needs and benefits of implementing a computing solution and strives to understand their needs.
H.S Diploma is required' B.S. in an IT related field is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
In combination with a Bachelor's degree, 5 years work experience in an IT related role . In the absence of a Bachelor 's degree, a minimum of seven years of related work experience in a relevant clinical setting preferrably with an emphasis on IT related functions (e.g. \\"Super User\\" for a clinical or business area).
Experience in database management software packages such as Business Objects ,Crystal, and SQL .
Experience developing end user reports, dashboards and score -cards. Experience with EMR data, workflows
and registries (Epic). Working knowledge of scripting language (visual basic or java) helpful. Ability to work
independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision and ability to deal with simultaneous tasks ,
communicate effectively, problem solve, and develop creative solutions to complex problems required. Strong
organizational, problem solving and listening skills, attention to detail, innovative thinking and ability to inspire
others required. Must possess a high level of customer service skills and participate as strong, collaborative team
player. Working knowledge or experience in Microsoft Office tools and an understanding of computer system
capabilities to address process requirements required