Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
Candidate will serve as the billing analyst for a strategic U.S. Government Contract.The billing analyst creates invoices based on expenses and any other financial transactions and compiles all supporting documentation for submission to the U.S. Government. Works closely with the Billing, operations and finance team to provide financial and project accounting support and related services for SOC WPS
* Prepare itemized invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered. Ensure accurate and complete supporting documentation accompanies vendor invoices. Adhere to all WPS contract invoice requirements.
* Research, resolve and resubmit invoices that are rejected or short paid by payment offices, to facilitate timely receipt of cash. Key contributor in cash management and cost/price analysis as well as customer facing activities.
* Analyze unbilled report and provide detailed explanations of unbilled balances, and paths forward to dissolve balances
* Collaborate with Finance and operations teams to ensure billing accuracy and supporting documentation.
* Prepare billing reconciliations and perform analyses as needed.
* Support monthly and quarterly audits as well as participate in legacy invoicing clean up.
* Preparation and Issuance billing requires technical skills and a strong understanding of GAAP and government accounting procedure, as well as a basic understanding or ability to learn the government security/staffing business process and functions..
* Ability to review business processes, identify areas for improvement, and implement improvements to processes.
* Knowledge of the internal and external reporting structures and any changes, along with a working knowledge of large ERP system preferably SAP.
* Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
* 2+ years of experience with Government Contracting/Federal companies (Preferred)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.