Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Are you an Operations Supervisors, Terminal Manager, or Operations Manager working for a Contract Carrier, 3PL, OR small distribution company?
Are you looking for your next growth opportunity with the largest manufacturer of Industrial Gas?
Do you have experience managing/training CDL Drivers and abiding to DOT/FMCSA guidelines in a Safety Driven environment?
Are you accustomed to managing to a Budget? If you just answered yes to these questions, we may have just the role you have been dreaming about!
Airgas is currently seeking an AREA OPERATIONS MANAGER based out of the quad cities OMAHA, NE. The Area Manager will supervises a total of 7 employees to include 6 drivers employees operating Class B 26FT Box Trucks and Semis Tractor Trailers and a Admin Assistant covering the following areas:
* OMAHA, NE,
* CRESTON IA,
* DES MOINES, IA.
THE AREA OPERATIONS MANAGERS FOCUS WILL BE:
* Ensuring all staff members adhere to DOT/FMCSA/OSHA general standards as it relates to a distribution facility, Safety SOPs, P/L management and Labor Cost Management.
* Cost management as it relates to timely delivery of product.
* Effective labor utilization.
* Budget Analysis to identify cost disparities and opportunities of cost process improvement.
* Experience managing a commercial driver workforce that use Electronic Logs
* Partners with Sales department to maximize customer value.
* Responsible for the Repair and Maintenance of the facility and vehicles to include the understanding of and ability to explain basic mechanical theory regarding Pre-Trip and Post-Trip to direct reports, coordinating vendors, projecting and establishing preventative maintenance programs and schedules, while directing the maintenance staff to ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and operational.
* Workforce Planning/ Scheduling
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Collaborates with region Distribution / Transportation Managers to ensure timeliness in delivery of production requirements.
* Coaching Driver staff to help improve performance relating to Safety, Attendance, and Customer Service.
* Recruit, hire, train discipline employees according to corporate guidelines and policies.
* Fulfill all record keeping requirements related to these activities in a timely manner to include: performance evaluations, safety training documentation, documenting disciplinary actions and job related training.
* Manage Branch operations to ensure budgetary goals are met or exceeded.
* Audits the accuracy of data entry related to product sales, purchasing, and receiving of raw materials and supplies.
* Manage special projects
* Ensure our products meet or exceed our QC standards, using specified SOP testing methods.
* Perform other duties as may be assigned by upper management.
* Five (2 5) years experience in a supervisor or higher leadership role of more than 5 commercial drivers CDL OR NON CDL personnel in an industrial, Distributions manufacturing environment.
* Ability and desire to provide top notch leadership
* Understanding of financial reports, budgetary methods and forecasting
* Some travel required
* Periodic In-field Driver observation required
* High potential Logistic, Operation, Terminal, or Transportation ready for the next level are encouraged to apply.
* Travel up to 20 - 25%
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience, to include military experience. (Associates degree or High School diploma with formal technical training considered in conjunction with extensive, relevant experience).
LOOKING FOR A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR? YOULL FIND IT WITH US!
Airgas LLC offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability