Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
This position coordinates and participates in project reviews, revisions, production problem corrections, enhancements, and usability testing and works as a liaison between developer, product managers, compliance and end-users. Provides business knowledge and technical support to successfully implement system changes to agent management, sales, policy administration, and claims processing systems for new features, enhanced business capabilities or the implementation of new products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Evaluate business requests to determine feasibility, defines detailed business requirements and specifications, works with developer to define alternatives and recommends optimal solutions
* Prepare overall project plan, incorporating system considerations for various operational areas, submits the request for programming, coordinates and drives successful delivery based on agreed to schedule
* Prepare test plans and scenarios for usability testing, execute test scenarios, approve project implementation and verify the production output upon implementation
* Responsible for verifying the accuracy of new states/ products, rate revisions, projects, and production problem corrections, to ensure a quality product
* Serve as business subject matter expert for developer and technical liaison for the business units
* Coordinate and document the resolution of problems encountered during and subsequent to the usability testing
* Review and research production problems; determine the extent to which they are testing, development, or user errors
* Determine impact of issues on the business units, develop alternative work processes until issues are resolved, work with developer to recreate problem and recommend solution
* Provide support to various areas which may include researching additional factors affecting a cost benefit analysis and other analytic or diagnostic services that support decision making by management
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Bachelor s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* 4+ years of prior business analysis experience
* Prior project management experience or demonstrated skills
* Ability to understand and translate user needs into business specifications
* Ability to understand and translate user needs into programming specifications
* Working knowledge of company operating systems and processes used in support of the business operations of insurance companies
* Ability to conduct investigation and research into system errors and discrepancies
* High level of skill in the development of test plans and test cases through thorough analysis of requirements
* Thorough understanding of risk-based testing and consistently applies it to testing assignments
* Knowledge and skills to support testing for all testing functions within the department
* Ability to provide guidance to less experienced personnel
* Strong problem solving skills including the ability to analyze problems and create effective recommendations
* Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and timeliness in order to meet customer expectations
* Effective listening, communicate, interaction, discretion, and diplomacy skills
* Possess very strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with business and technical resources
* Perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environment
* Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to aggressive project deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
* High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Previous Property and Casualty Insurance experience
* Prior system knowledge and understanding of system processes
* Experience in working with multiple project methodologies including both waterfall and agile
* Property and Casualty and Health Insurance experience
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Apply Not ready to Apply*