Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Rochester, New York
Eastman Kodak Company is looking for an entry-to-junior level Process Chemist to join our Consumer and Film team in Rochester, NY.
This individual may have responsibilities as a process development chemist or as a production chemist. We are seeking an individual with the flexibility to work both on the bench, exploring synthetic routes, as well as in manufacturing as a Production Chemist, managing a portfolio of commercial chemical processes.
Kodak offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the revitalization of an iconic global company. We combine the strength of a brand that is recognized and beloved around the world with the excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We are stable, profitable, optimistic about the future and looking for professionals with energy, ideas and ambition to help us take next steps in completing our transformation. We re building a culture which values creativity in all its forms, having a global perspective, a focus on sustainability, and the kind of trust that enables us to succeed by taking calculated risks. Kodak has a rich heritage of leadership and innovation, but is also, in many ways, still inventing itself. At this stage of our comeback, Kodak is truly a place where you can make a difference.
Key Responsibilities to include:
* Work with Ph.D. chemists and manufacturing on route selection, and creatively solve issues arising during the route development.
* Develop safe manufacturer processes, taking into consideration Health, Environmental, Regulatory and Safety aspects.
* Work on the bench to develop robust manufacturing processes.
* Work with Production and sourcing to deliver on the cost and time requirements of the project.
* Critically analyze data and interpret experimental results.
* Ensure the chemistry of assigned processes is robust and is capable of meeting yield, throughput and safety goals.
* Identify process improvement opportunities on existing processes and help implement solutions.
* Troubleshoot assigned processes and identify and implement problem prevention solutions.
* Communicate effectively in writing and verbally within and across departments and to site management.
* Support process development through commercialization.
* Work as an active team member assisting the implementation of new processes within manufacturing.
* Must have a B.S. or M.S. Degree in Chemistry with 0-10 years of industrial experience
* Previous/current experience working in a large-scale chemical manufacturing environment
* Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently
* Ability to complete multiple tasks quickly and efficiently
* Ability to work on the lab bench and the production floor
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Motivated, self-starter
* Experience with Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing concepts
* Knowledge of Statistical Process control
* Knowledge of Design of Experiments
* Skilled in problem solving and diagnostic troubleshooting
* Computer skills, in the areas of: Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), JMP and SAP
EOE Policy Statement
Kodak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are free to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected classes.