Posted in Management 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bourbonnais, Illinois
Detail commercial and civil projects as it pertains to the supply and installation of rebar.
• Must adhere to Harris Rebar’s safety programs and standards.
• Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar’s vision and values.
• Continue developing knowledge of industry reference material (i.e. CRSI and ACI manuals).
• Verify drawings, dates, specifications, addenda and other contractual information from the routing sheet or directly from the business system.
• Working with supervision, begin detailing more complex projects (i.e. jobs with columns, beams, one and two way slabs, and grade beams).
• Bring any change(s) made to the contract documents to the attention of your supervisor (i.e. change made of the approval drawings, changes made by the field or yourself).
• Detail accessories, mesh, couplers and dowel bars and prepare material lists as required.
• Work with job site personnel to determine project requirements for detailing and delivery of material.
• Work with A/E regarding problems or questions on contract documents.
• Produce the material list for all products from RebarCAD and produce replacement orders as required.
• Enter all drawings for submission into drawing tracking system.
• Perform other duties as required by your supervisor.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
• Vocational certificate in CAD design/drafting issued from an accredited school or college, or equivalent combination of training and work experience
• At least one year of experience detailing rebar using a CAD based detailing system
• Two year technical degree from an accredited school or college
• Construction and concrete related construction knowledge and experience
• Working knowledge of industry reference material (i.e. CRSI and ACI)
• Ability to work as a team member on projects with an aptitude for problem solving
• Organized and detail oriented
• Able to manage time effectively and prioritize responsibilities
• Effective communication skills
• Must be able to work overtime when required
• May be asked to complete approximately two hours of assessments as part of the hiring process
• Typical office activities
• Walking, sitting, standing, bending
• Using hands to operate objects, tools, computers and other electronic equipment
• Lifting/handling computers and related equipment
• Vision abilities including close vision and adjusting focus
• Moderate noise level
You may be asked to complete approximately two hours of assessments as part of the hiring process.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, Harris Rebar offers the following benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short-Term Disability; Long-Term Disability; Life Insurance; Vacation Days; Holidays; 401K; Nucor stock purchase program; and a Tuition Scholarship Program for dependents of employees.