Posted in Management 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Frankfort, Kentucky
This position must serve as a catalyst to stimulate manufacturing-related innovations designed to continually improve our competitive position as a low cost/high end supplier. Will work with the local leadership team to identify and implement world class capital equipment and processes at the Frankfort, KY facility. Manufacturing processes include Welding, Assembly and Testing. This position will be based in Frankfort, KY and could require 10-20% travel which will be primarily domestic to support the plant. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and will have the desire to find optimal solutions to diverse problems. This position will be primarily focused on developing and implementing ideas which will Increase Safety, Quality and Efficiency. Individuals that strive to win and be the best at what they do will thrive in this environment.
• Justify and purchase capital equipment/tooling to improve or implement manufacturing processes.
• Design and implement efficient processes using lean manufacturing principles.
• Conduct assessments of existing or proposed manufacturing processes and suggest improvement ideas to increase efficiencies, eliminate waste, reduce inventory, reduce lead times, increase quality and improve safety and ergonomics.
• Utilize value stream mapping to identify and eliminate waste as well as evaluate potential changes in workflow to maximize production efficiencies.
• Create Scope of Work Documents to be used quoting/sourcing capital equipment.
• Establish and document production standards and controls, conduct initial time studies and establish labor standards for all products as necessary.
• Complete PFMEA analysis in a cross functional environment.
• Establish procedures for proper handling, use and disposal of any hazardous materials that are implemented/added to the plant.
• Provide and/or implement continuous improvement ideas and direction for manufacturing and production.
• Assist the champion of new products entering the facility in terms of identifying equipment, tooling, processing required to produce the product, cost estimating, quotes of new product components, and release
• Provide technical support to floor employees, team leaders and supervisors.
• Completes and performs other duties/tasks as may be assigned.