At Crown Castle, we work around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. Our portfolio of communications infrastructure (towers, small cells, fiber) connects cities and communities to essential data, technology, and wireless service—bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. As the nation’s largest provider of communications infrastructure and with more than 5,000 employees across the country, we’ve been building the connections that people depend on for 25 years. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $70 billion.
Position Title : Account Executive - 6E
The Account Executive proactively identifies and maximizes opportunities to increase business for Crown Castle. Establishes and maintains strong relationships with customers, leverages for new business, and serves as local customer advocate to ensure customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers and prospective customers. Serve as the main point of contact for all customers.
- Sell the Crown Castle Value Proposition to our customers.
- Meet or exceed established sales performance targets (SLA’s, service revenue, etc.)
- Identify and proactively seek new business for Crown Castle, including opportunities to increase market share.
- Persuade prospective customers to do business with Crown Castle and negotiate deals which mutually benefit Crown and the customer.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of assets in one’s own geographic area in order to better market and sell such assets.
- Know the competition and provide detailed analysis as required.
- Communicate frequently with applicable teams and internal departments to maintain an accurate, current understanding of existing and upcoming customer projects and issues. Follow-up on all installations with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Serve as primary contact with customers and directing workflow to ensure customer satisfaction by quickly and effectively handling all customer issues.
- Track key sales indicators and provide accurate, timely reporting of these indicators to the appropriate individuals at the corporate and area level.
- Ensure the sales dashboard is updated in a timely manner and that the information is current and accurate.
- Stay abreast of technical topics and changes. Participate in continuing education to keep current on both technology and selling techniques.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of contract conditions and terms for customers in geographic area. Adhere to Company policy regarding generation and execution of all contract and legal documents related to sales process.
- Attend customer and internal deployment meetings as needed.
- Keep Area Director Sales well informed regarding sales performance, opportunities, and customer satisfaction issues.
- Interact and Assist our Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), Build To Suit (BTS) and Fiber Teams to identify business opportunities to meet business demands and provide solutions to our customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business, Sales, Marketing or related field preferred
- Three (3) years of previous sales experience is required
- Carrier or industry experience is preferred
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Background in wireless industry
- Superior sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of components of a telecommunication system
- Proficiency in CCIsites is required
- High ethical standards
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently
- Effective computer skills
Reports to: Area Director Sales
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Travel is required.