Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
SalonCentric, the professional products distribution operation of L'Oreal USA and the premier distribution partner to the professional salon community in the U.S., has an exciting opening for a Receiver/Forklift Operator at the Distribution Center in Grand Rapids, MI. 1st shift hours: 4am - 12:30pm.
General responsibilities include unloading, breakdown and receipt of products from vendors, replenishment of pick locations, daily cycle counts, and processing of customer returns. Minimum performance levels must be maintained.
* Ensures incoming orders are be received and put-away within a 48 hour window
* Maintain work area to ensure its kept clean and free of debris
* Responsible for receiving customer returns
* Replenishment of pick locations
* Daily cycle counts
* Breakdown of promotions upon purchasing request
* Responsible in understanding picking and shipping duties by cross training
* Individual may be assigned to other warehouse duties as needed
* Administers on time and accurate breakdown of pre-packs requested by Purchasing, as required.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (To include relevant work experience, competencies and education requirements):
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Ability to speak and understand English
* Basic reading & writing skills to read labels, literature, policy manuals, and other materials required.
* Ability to learn use of computer and radio frequency devices (RF gun or wearable wrist scanner)
* Must be reliable and on-time to work each day
* Must be able to operate powered material handling equipment (PIT, order picker, pallet jack, turret truck, etc.) safely. Individual will be certified in use of equipment.
* Good work ethics and ability to interface effectively with others in a fast-paced team environment.
* Ability to perform all physical requirements of warehouse duties (i.e. bending, lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping, twisting, climbing stairs, reaching etc.)
* Must wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests and follow all safety policies & procedures
What We Offer
* A competitive compensation package
* Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
* Life & Disability Insurance
* 3 weeks of Paid Time Off
* 401K Plan with company match
* Medical and dependent care flexible savings account
* Generous employee discount on beauty products
* Employee assistance plan
* Potential for growth!
Visit us at www.saloncentric.com to learn more about our growing company.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.