Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Rochester, New York
Meter Reader - Rochester, NY
Key Responsibilities and Critical Success Measures
The Field Technician, Meter Reader s purpose is to collect monthly readings from customer meters following Client, State and Federal requirements. These recordings of usage enable our clients to calculate monthly billing statements.
* Follow all company, client, state, and federal code of regulation requirements
* Follow all company safety, quality, and operational policies and procedures.
* Complete the Heath Consultants training and applicable operator qualification program requirements.
* Represents the company in a professional manner.
* The technician is expected to safely and efficiently organize the predetermined daily route as established by our client to ensure timely completion.
* Reads may be obtained visually or with automated meter read devices.
* Accurately read and record electric, gas and/or water meter data.
* Adhere to the vehicle policy.
* Reading utility prints and maps.
* Communicating professionally when interacting with homeowners and utility representatives.
* Develop a knowledge and understanding of the underground facilities infrastructure.
* Meet overtime and travel requirements.
* Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
* Safety is our number one priority
* Communicate openly and honestly
* Approach all that we do with a sense of urgency
* Always do the right thing
* Treat others as you wish to be treated
* Strive for excellence in everything we do
* Provide an environment that nurtures growth and enjoyment
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Utility industry experience preferred but not required.
* Customer service experience preferred.
* Basic computer literacy (all documentation is computer based).
* This job requires traveling to service locations, it is required to have a valid driver s license.
* Meets Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) requirements.
* Aptitude for basic math skills to calculate distances and ability to read utility prints and maps.
* Within the first month achieve a Six Sigma Lean certificate of achievement.
Crew Leader; Project Manager
Position is not responsible for any supervision of other staff members.
* The job is primarily outdoors but may involve entering residential and commercial properties. This work is performed under all weather conditions. They may regularly be exposed to heat, cold, rain and other elements of outdoor weather.
* Working in residential, urban, suburban, and rural areas as designated by client.
* Heath Consultants is a drug free work environment, employment is contingent on passing background check and a pre-employment/random drug test.
* The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time on varying types of terrain, to bend and stoop, and to lift heavy items is essential.
* Walking between 3 to 7 miles per day on varying types of terrain in all types of weather.
* Record data either on a clipboard, pad, or small hand computer. It is estimated that each unit weighs less than ten (10) pounds.
* Travel is primarily locally during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
Action Oriented / Takes Initiative
Customer Focus / Customer Centric
Decision quality and problem solving / Demonstrates good judgment
Drive for results /Achiever
Functional / Technical Skills / Technically competent
Integrity and Trust / Trustworthy
Personal learning and development / Develops self
Planning / Plans work
Priority setting / Focused on priorities
Time management / Manages time