Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Augusta, Georgia
Summary / DescriptionWe are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Service Desk Manager to join our team in Augusta, GA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Provides daily supervision and direction to the Service Center team. The IT Service Desk Manager establishes an effective, proactive and repeatable service delivery process that improves the end user’s IT experience; the Service Desk Manager will lead, guide, and support the Service Center and will perform the following:
(1) manages and is responsible for the successful and timely completion of Service Center tasks
(2) serves as the senior most level technician in assisting customers experiencing problems with IT resources, or requesting new services (3) serves as the first point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software, all types of computer systems, and printer problems
(4) leads and guides the Service Center team through the handling and management of IT service requests, incident management, change management, problem management, event management, outage escalations, enterprise IT troubleshooting
(5) directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve IT problems
(6) escalates tickets to higher-level support groups as necessary
(7) monitors assigned queues, voicemail, web sites and other incoming communication methods
(8) prepares and provides various Service Desk reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested
(9) establishes internal service delivery performance benchmarks, drives Quality Assurance engagements, drives Ticket Deep Dives and develops strategies/initiatives for improvement
(10) establishes and manages Knowledgebase/Solutions Repositories and ensures new/updated processes, procedures, work instructions and knowledge are incorporated in a timely fashion in the knowledgebase and are available to the entire Service Center team
(11) establishes and manages processes for communicating outages/emergency activities to the program and Customers
(12) supervises assigned technical and administrative staff
(13) participates in maintaining and improving Service Center standard operating procedures (SOPs)
(14) participates in special projects as required
Requirements* Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years relevevant experience
* Demonstrate overall knowledge of the Service Desk Operations regarding, but not limited to, telecommunications and call routing, workforce management, quality control, knowledge & process management and agent training.* Experience in managing overall day-to-day management and performance of the Service Desk including supervisors and agents, service level achievement, and personnel decisions.* Demonstrate experience in partnership with government staff to achieve service level targets, design strategies for onboarding new customers to the center, creates efficiencies utilizing all available automation tools and recommending new tools if none exist.* Knowledge of workforce management software and skills to manage the Service Desk Analysts’ headcount required to achieve service level targets, create agent schedules and monitor compliance with those schedules and forecast call, email and others.* Demonstrate in knowledge and process management, quality control and general day-to-day Service Desk operations.* Shall possess the ability to communicate in both oral and written forms, demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff as well as clients* Familiarity with Department of Defense security requirements as applied to their subject matter expertise.* Shall have experience working in an Information Technology environment similar in size (or larger) and scope to this contract* Strong working knowledge of large, complex Information Technology environments* Exceptions may be made for specific individuals with specialized knowledge or skills in certain circumstances at the discretion of the Government* Certification in Security (recommended)* Experience supporting DoD customer(s) at a minimum, experience supporting DISA preferred
* ITIL foundation certification* HDI Support Center Manager (HDI-SCM)
About UnisysDo you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.#FED#