Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Palatka, Florida
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified professionals to consider for the Engineering Document Control Specialist opportunity at our manufacturing facility located in Palatka, Florida. Successful candidates will have exceptional organizational skills.
Georgia-Pacific’s, Palatka Pulp and Paper Mill, located just south of Jacksonville and west of St. Augustine, FL, produces more than 500,000 tons of paper each year. Products manufactured at Palatka Pulp and Paper Operations include Kraft paper and consumer tissue products such as bath tissue and paper towels sold under the Georgia-Pacific brand names of Angel Soft®, Quilted Northern®, Brawny®, and Sparkle®.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
· Serving as the primary point-of-contact for engineering document storage, reference, and management
· Collaborating with project engineers and plant customers to provide and manage the information needed for development and execution of projects
· Developing, and implementing standard operating procedures for processing and storing documents
· Managing drawing requests and drawing number assignments
· Providing training and support to GP customers on the use of the site’s drawing management system
· Promoting the execution of projects per the GP project work process best practices, controls, and mill policies
· Developing, managing, and supporting document control projects that improve legacy document systems
· Ensuring that the project engineering department is compliant with company guidelines for records and information management
· Performing minor drawing modification and updates as needed using CAD
What You Will Need:
Basic Qualifications (Must Haves):
· High School diploma or GED
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience in AutoCAD
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience with project document control concept
· Experience with drawing naming conventions and red-lining processes
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
· Experience communicating with individuals at all levels within the organization, both written and verbal
What Will Put You Ahead
· A minimum of two (2) years of project document control experience
· A minimum of two (2) years of experience in an industrial process facility that has OSHA 1910.119 PSM covered operations
· A minimum of one (1) year of experience with Autodesk’s document management system Vault, Bentley Projectwise, and Microsoft Visio
· Associate degree in drafting and design from an accredited institution or advanced technical school training in drafting
· A minimum of one (1) year of experience with 3D modeling software; Solidworks, Plant 4D, or Autodesk
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf